Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-FLX10 Controller question Stems
For anyone out there that has this controller can you tell me if the built-in stems work with Virtual DJ software? I'm thinking about getting this controller. Thank you

Posted Thu 13 Jun 24 @ 3:43 pm
It's the other way round, but yes stems work in conjunction with the controller assuming your PC is powerful enough.

Posted Thu 13 Jun 24 @ 4:16 pm
I do own this and they do work. Personally I find this controller to be a lot of fun as having four channels combined with stem splitting opens a whole new world of possible transitions and mixing.

Posted Thu 13 Jun 24 @ 7:30 pm
Do I need to download anything additionally to make it work (pioneer ddx-flx10) or will the controller work on it's own?

Posted Thu 13 Jun 24 @ 8:43 pm

Posted Thu 13 Jun 24 @ 8:47 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Thu 13 Jun 24 @ 8:51 pm
Does the stems 2.0 virtual dj drivers need to be added also or will it work just from the pioneer controller alone?

Posted Mon 17 Jun 24 @ 6:11 pm
The stems are calculated within VirtualDJ and are nothing to do with the controller.

Posted Mon 17 Jun 24 @ 6:32 pm
There is no driver for VirtualDJ stems. VirtualDJ comes with the ability to do stem separation already included. Whether or not it can be done without the stems having been prepared in advance or if it can be done as soon as the track loads while it is playing depends purely on the capabilities of your computer hardware.

Posted Wed 19 Jun 24 @ 8:26 pm
Since you have this controller does the stems commands work properly on this controller? Thanks for your help.

Posted Thu 20 Jun 24 @ 3:01 pm
I mean it really depends on what you mean by that. They do work in the most basic sense of the default mapping can control stems. So yes, they work and if they don't in a way you need them too then very often it is possible to script your own solution.

Posted Fri 21 Jun 24 @ 3:54 am