Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Distortion when using Stems
Very recently, i've been having issues with Deejaying with stems 2.0 that was not appearing for the last 3 years that i have been deejaying live.

I have 10k + songs that i have meticulously analysed, added hotcues, categorized with colours, adjusted grid, and prepared stems. I recently got a new batch of songs that i got from my fellow deejays, and when i play them and slowly cutout out the vocals ( or the instrumental) using the EZY equalizer, i start hearing distortion. About 3/4 of that batch has that issue, various artists and various speed. The distortion is almost only audible when i start cutting out between 10% and 25%. in other words, the songs plays normally when the vocals are 100%, but plays with distortion at 90% or 80%.

I have tried re-downloading the song, recreating saved stems, and the problem persists. i have tried different source to get my mp3, and still the same error.

Have any of you encountered that issue?

Posted Wed 29 May 24 @ 1:08 pm
Same, since Stems 2.0 was released everytime I use it there is a distorted continuous sound(as long as the song is playing). Thought it was a laptop issue, got a new one and its the same.
Every stem prepared song has this issue after using VDJ for 10-20 minutes.
I have changed multiple settings, reset many times. The only thing that works is using the old version of Stems(which makes using stems on songs sound like its coming out of a broken radio).
VDJ, this is not a computer issue please fix it

Posted 17 hours ago