Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: new laptop ? will it do the job
I'm waiting for a reply however in the meantime., this may be faster as I want to make purchase while product is on sale.
As I reached out a few weeks ago in regards to the ddj rev 5, which I purchased, my next question is, will this laptop to the job with the lastest vdj?
Acer Aspire Vero - 15.6" FHD IPS Laptop - Intel Core i5-1335U - 1 TB SSD - 16 GB RAM - Windows 11 - Green - AV15-53P-5222
Just wanted to make sure before I buy?
Jimmy replies what video card does this computer have?
I will find out today, however please note I'm not doing any video djing
Video card built in and comes with processor integrated as it is not a gaming computer
Thanks to anybody who can help? I know everybody is busy but the sale is over today :)

Posted Tue 28 May 24 @ 7:45 pm
very strongly recommend reading this thoroughly. and paying attention to where it says "Ideally, your computer should meet and preferably exceed the recommended requirements."
https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Minimum+system+requirements.html

and VERY strongly recommend saving your money and buying something with a lot more under the hood especially if you're planning on using stems 2.0. even if you're not doing video the graphics card is what's supposed to be used for stems 2.0 processing.

and never say never when it comes to video - the amount extra you can charge makes it worth having a video library, knowing how to create graphics to put on screen and adding eye-candy to your gigs, and getting more customer interaction.

Posted Tue 28 May 24 @ 7:52 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you don't plan to use stems or video then it should be fine.
Otherwise you probably want to look at something more powerful

Posted Wed 29 May 24 @ 4:47 am