Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: OBS Crashed with VDJ Video Music on Live!
I have a problem with VDJ and OBS during live streaming, I can't resolve it and I ask for help.

I'm using a freshly formatted desktop computer:
windows 11
intel 11700f
rtx 3060ti
32GB RAM
samsung 980pro 2gb sd

VDJ plays music videos purchased from xtendamix
OBS captures the screen (I tried window capture) of the video
OBS handles the webcam scenes and the music video

During live cpu 23% gpu 30% ram 11gb temperature approximately 40°

After about 50 minutes OBS stops, the operating system works perfectly, VDJ works perfectly, OBS is blocked and there are no errors in the log file.

I tried OBS in safe mode, nothing changed, I tried to disable dxvi in ​​VDJ / safe mode video drivers, nothing changed, I disabled obs and windows hardware acceleration, nothing changed, studio version video card drivers updated, I do not know what to do.

Posted Mon 27 May 24 @ 6:48 pm
How is OBS crashing a VDJ problem?

Posted Mon 27 May 24 @ 8:06 pm
groovindj wrote :
How is OBS crashing a VDJ problem?

only if I play music files with videos, if I play music files using the shaders on the video no problem, when I play music videos max 50 minutes obs it frezzes

the problem is between obs and the playback/acquisition of music videos, if I simply play songs without video and use the animated shaders no problem, if I play on the computer and acquire a game no problem, the problem is only between vdj and obs music videos

Posted Mon 27 May 24 @ 8:35 pm
the problem is between OBS and the music video that is played by VDJ, I solved it by installing a second computer and sharing the music video via NDI in this way everything is ok no problem. I did about 2 weeks of testing on the single PC and I couldn't solve it in any way, I activated and deactivated every setting related to hardware acceleration and tried different ways to capture the screen with the music video but I didn't solve it, I tried to limit VDJ's use of the vram but I haven't solved anything. About a year ago I had no problem running VDJ and OBS on the same PC with music videos, now yes, something has changed in the version of OBS or VDJ I don't know, I formatted the PC and reinstalled everything from scratch but I didn't solve it , the only valid solution for me now is to divide the work on two computers. I will continue to look for a solution

Posted Thu 30 May 24 @ 7:33 am
I solved the problem, I can't explain why, I'm not a technician, the problem is between OBS acquiring the VDJ video, all tests in two weeks of testing led to nothing except the last one, limiting the use of vram from VDJ, I set max 4000mb and it crashed again, I set max 1000mg and it works perfectly without any crash.

in all cases the system consumes around 4GB of RAM, I can't explain it, but it works anyway and this is fundamental for me!

I hope my discussion helps other people.

Posted Thu 30 May 24 @ 10:07 am