Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: FX Assign in Pioneer DDJ-RZX - Page: 2
bdomi60 wrote :
and there are controllers like the DDJ-SX/SZ/RZ/SB/RR/RZX that allow you to apply effects via left or right slots on a channel.

The controllers may be designed that way (since they were designed for another software) but they are not programmed this way with VirtualDJ.

Something I repeat quite often:
A "controller" controls the software. It does not provide functionality to the software (besides offering extra hardware effects on some cases)
For the software, a controller is just a bunch of "buttons, faders and knobs"
They can literally be used for anything, in any way imaginable.

So, while DDJ-RZX effect buttons are "designed" around Rekordbox "slots" logic, they can be used with different ways without any problem at all.

When DDJ-RZX was originally mapped and supported, VirtualDJ did not had/offer effect banks (but now it does)
So, a far better way to enhance effects operation is to remap the FX Assign buttons as following:

<map value="FX1_ASSIGN" action="effect_bank_load 1" />
<map value="FX2_ASSIGN" action="effect_bank_load 2" />
<map value="SHIFT_FX1_ASSIGN" action="effect_bank_save 1" />
<map value="SHIFT_FX2_ASSIGN" action="effect_bank_save 2" />

This way, you can have 6 individual effect slots per deck easily accessible (3 slots per bank x 2 banks)
In reality VirtualDJ will give you 12 effect slots (6 slots per bank x 2 banks) but your controller allows for direct access only on 3 slots per bank.
You can also increase the number of banks if you wish.. There's no limit to that either.

Posted Wed 26 Jun 24 @ 6:48 am
bdomi60Home userMember since 2014
It's true that with this type of controller I can customise the effects to my taste without the constraints that this can bring.

Many thanks for all your help PhantomDeejay

Posted Wed 26 Jun 24 @ 8:47 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I just finished, that rzx device skin is pretty wild. I completely forgot that it had a screen to start with.

Posted Wed 26 Jun 24 @ 9:35 am