Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Crashing and Reopening
Hello, Been using virtual dj perfectly fine for years until last saturday when the software has started closing and reopening instantly, it sort of continues where it was but it does pause the music for like 2 seconds while it boots back up which isn't ideal.

My pc is a 5 months old Acer aspire 3 with ddr4 16gb ram and intel i7, There have only been 2 things i changed since last saturday and that is the SSD and i started using my library extension on the software.

I am currently doing a test to see if it is the SSD by just using the internal storage on my pc. but i find it odd that it could be a brand new super fast SSD 4 tb.

Posted Sun 12 May 24 @ 6:32 pm
Good to know is if you were online during a crash when VDJ restarts and resume there is an error-log sent to VDJ developers.
Hopefully they can see some details that will help you tracking the issue.
But it requires you to have been online of course.

Posted Sun 12 May 24 @ 10:36 pm
Yes i was online, i'm almost always online when using the software. i have left the SSD out for a couple of hours so far and have not had any crashes yet so it maybe something to do with the SSD but still trying to work out what as it is a brand new 8gb/s transfer rate SSD with 4tb space. but i find it odd that an SSD could cause the crashs

Posted Tue 14 May 24 @ 4:51 pm
After some additional trial and error i can report that it is a software failure. Part of my main job as a programmer is to run diagnostics on scripts to determine flaws, and it seems there is excessive loading of the stems when loading a song MP3 and MP4.

I have tried several settings to reduce overloading of the CPU and the only setting that reduces the CPU load is literally disabling the stems which actually stabilizes the CPU. i have 2 computers which both have this issue, 1 is designed to run powerful CAD/CAM software's and has no issues loading extremely complicated designs of assemblies so i knew it had nothing to do with both of my brand new computers 1 with i7 processor and the other with an i9.

I did get an email reporting back to me from virtual dj saying it could be a GPU issue but all my tests did not return that this was the issue as the GPU has barely gone above 11% load. The only part of the both computers that was overloading was the CPU and 1 with 16gb ram and the other with 32gb ram you would of thought virtual dj would run pretty smoothly like the CAD/CAM software does, the load on the CPU never goes above 35% when using other powerful software's.

If you could please look into this for me and please don't try to tell me that both of my pc's aren't powerful enough as if almost £1500 on a pc is not powerful enough for virtual dj isn't the software i want to use. Also going back through the updates i first started having this issues about 3-4 weeks ago which was the last time i noticed a popup asking me to update the software.

Posted Sat 25 May 24 @ 2:34 pm
You don't give any info about the GPU on either machine, but from what you've said so far, it sounds like the stems decoding is set to use CPU because either the GPU isn't suitable or you've set VDJ to use CPU for stems.

Give us some details about the GPU in each PC.

Posted Sat 25 May 24 @ 3:25 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
From what I can see, the acer aspire 3 with intel cpu is likely sold with the Intel Core i7-1255U.
The U indicates a low-power version of the cpu, with only 2 performance cores.
It further doesn't have any discrete GPU, so yes, it will be extremely slow to use for real-time stems.

Posted Sat 25 May 24 @ 3:26 pm
So if you are trying to use stems with an underrated cpu, does this mean vdj would crash?
Slow yes, but crash?

Posted Sun 26 May 24 @ 3:43 pm