Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Rane One with Motor off
When I turn the motor off on a Rane One platter, it disable scratching on that deck on the controller and I can't even scratch with my mouse on screen. Is there a setting or mapping where I can turn off the motor and still use the deck to scratch?
Thanks in advance

Posted Fri 15 Mar 24 @ 12:23 am
Well, motorized decks don't have "touch" sensors on their platters.
That's why it's almost impossible to have the deck "scratch" properly when the motor is off.
Also keep in mind that by default in order to disable the motors, you have to turn off vinyl mode and therefore both the platter and the waveforms are used for pitch bending instead.

While technically it is possible by some remapping to have the platter "scratch" it's not going to be any close to usefull scratching as it will use "technology" implemented 20 years ago to deal with jogs without touch sensors.

So, the answer really is: "It can be done, but it doesn't worth it, it won't be any useful at all"

PS: Why someone would buy/use a motorised controller if he wants the platters to not spin ?

Posted Fri 15 Mar 24 @ 7:21 am
Thanks, I have a Rane 12 as part of the setup I want to run as deck 1 and want to turn off the motor on deck 1 of the Rane One, then I can just use the Rane 12 to scratch. I cant run both the 12 and One motor bc it throws off the timing or something and the track doesnt play right.

Posted Fri 15 Mar 24 @ 12:40 pm
Well, yes, you can't have two motorised controllers controlling the same deck.
You should find another way to achieve what you want.

Posted Fri 15 Mar 24 @ 12:57 pm
Yea, I have it working great as I want on a flx10
So no way to do what I want with my Rane One? what is the setting to make it work with the motor off on the rane one...bc the rane twelve would be spinning and I would use that.

Posted Fri 15 Mar 24 @ 4:14 pm
As I said, it's impossible to have two motorized decks controlling the same deck (even if you disable the motor on one of them)
What I said was possible, was to disable motor and have the platter scratching, but with very poor/bad resolution/sound.

So, conclusion, you cannot assign both Rane One and Rane Twelve on the same deck, no matter what.

Posted Sat 16 Mar 24 @ 9:34 am
thanks

Posted Sat 16 Mar 24 @ 2:26 pm