Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer FLX4 Beat FX Deck assignment issue
My friend purchased the Pioneer FLX4 and is using the DDJ400 skin because this comes closest to the FLX4 layout and functions.
He asked me for help, because button "29 FX ASSIGN" in the VDJ hardware manual is not corresponding with the DDJ400 skin (active deck buttons do not light up according the switch) and is also not functioning like it should.

When I look into his mapper settings I see the "FX_ASSIGN" has the script:
down ? set 'DDJFLX4FX' 1 : set 'DDJFLX4FX' 0
But it's a slide switch with 3 options for deck select 1, 2 or 1&2 ? Script doesn't look like a 3 deck select switch does it?

When he slides the switch left and right, the FX Assign shows "ON" and "OFF" in the mapper screen but it looks like it doesn't know which deck is selected. This is also the issue my friend is telling me. He sometimes hear the FX is active, but he can not see and find which deck is activated at that time.

The slide switch (29) sounds almost like an on/off push button and using a sort of "round robin" like selections for the deck to activate.

Who can point me in the right direction to fix this? he's using latest firmware 1.04 and latest VDJ version.

Posted Tue 12 Mar 24 @ 9:40 pm