Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: best streaming service
Hi - with the latest mail that Tidal will now charge an additional fee for DJ software integration, was wondering which service my best alternative (and hopefully cheaper).

I use the streaming as a backup for any songs requests that I dont have locally. So just looking for the most extensive catalog (closest to Spotify or Tidal), which also has clean hip hop.

Thinking Soundcloud may be the best general streaming service outside of Tidal, but want to get others to opine who have used any of the others.

thanks

Posted Tue 05 Mar 24 @ 4:41 pm
I've used SoundCloud (briefly). IMO it's probably the worst of the bunch in terms of usability. The main site, compared to say Spotify, is dreadful for browsing and finding stuff.

Via VDJ when you search there's a high chance of getting cover versions and karaoke versions mixed in with your results, without being clearly marked as such.

Apple Music has just been integrated with Algoriddim DJay Pro but I don't know if it will happen anywhere else.

Posted Tue 05 Mar 24 @ 4:52 pm
That's good info and sounds like a terrible option! Thanks for saving me the time with them.

What is the best service in your opinion?

Posted Tue 05 Mar 24 @ 5:21 pm