Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Rane One Distorting Songs
Hey everyone, I've been dealing with a recent problem I can't quite figure out with my Rane One, this problem wasn't there a week ago, the last time I used the controller.

When I have a song playing on a primary deck (doesn't matter if it's deck one or two) and I start playing a song on the cue deck, the song in the primary deck gets distorted as if you're hearing the song underwater, it pitches up and down multiple times and only stops when I stop the song on the secondary deck. I have tried switching out USB cables and switching to Serato, but I'm still seeing the problem there.

I connected to my old DDJ SR and it isn't experiencing this issue, which leads me to think there's a funky setting I might have invertedly activated at some point.

I am at my wits end and I don't know what to do. I have included a photo of my deck as I normally use it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Thu 29 Feb 24 @ 6:36 am
I can understand your desperation. This sounds to me like it is either your Rane controller, as the issue only happens when are using it and not your other controller, or perhaps with your mapping for it in VirtualDJ. If the issue is with your mapping, ensure you are using the factory default VirtualDJ mapping for your controller and see if this resolves your issue. However, if the issue still happens on the default mapping then it would seem the issue is with the controller and while there may be some folks in this forum who are experienced with this controller specifically, you'd likely get better support from Rane. I'd be hesitant to say you should reset your options in VDJ if that is what you are saying as presumably these apply the same regardless of the controller you are using. However, if you are so inclined, the "reset all" button to do this is at the very bottom right of the options page.

I hope this helped at least a little and good luck!

Posted Thu 29 Feb 24 @ 6:54 am
If the problem happens with Serato as well (as the user said) then the problem is not a VirtualDJ setting, or mapping of the controller.
The problem most likely lies in the controller itself.

I don't have Rane One, but the steps I would follow to troubleshoot further would be:
1) Make sure I'm running the latest firmware of the device
2) Make sure the electrical connection of the device is good
3) I would try to replicate the issue with and without headphones connected
4) I would try on a different PC/MAC as well to see if it's the controller or the laptop that has issues

Finally an audio sample (or a video) of what's happening would be much more helpful than a photo.
Humans cannot hear images. Only sound :P

Posted Thu 29 Feb 24 @ 10:55 am