Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Advice for a new controller
Hi Everyone,

I've been using the Hercules Inpulse 500 for the last year , amd Hercules for the last 10 years or so.. Although they've been ok, I've had issues with faders, the mic running hot and pads being less responsive than when first purchased even though I'm not hardcore using it so to speak..

I'm after some advice for a new controller that I can use with VDJ Pro, 98% for weddings , parties, so basically mobile discos, and not needing all the great effects for mixing (but I would like easy effects such as echo and of the such as used to use these years ago with my DJM600 mixer and loved it!).
Happy to spend up to £1000, looked at Pioneer and Denon. Pioneer DDJ 800 looks great with lots of outputs and ins which I really want , but just nervous the effects knob won't match when I use it with VDJ.

Any advice , knowledge , experience and thoughts are much appreciated as always.

All the best

Ben

Posted Mon 19 Feb 24 @ 8:41 pm
I'd save a bit and get the Pioneer FLX-10 personally.

Posted Mon 19 Feb 24 @ 9:23 pm
Thanks KRADCLIFFE.
Any specific reason?
Hapoy to spend more if need be. I'm just nervous I wom t have need for all the great features of an awesome controller... but then, I'd love to learn and be able to make my sets more interesting and engaging even if it's a wedding or mobile.

Thanks again

Posted Tue 20 Feb 24 @ 8:00 am
It's just a good solid controller and integrates with VDJ perfectly.

Posted Tue 20 Feb 24 @ 8:09 am
Thanks, I really appreciate the advice. Especially as it integrates with VDJ. I think it would be worse changing software than changing controller type /brand/layout

Cheers again

Posted Tue 20 Feb 24 @ 6:03 pm
Hey everyone,

Anyone have any feedback on using the DDJ 800 with VDJ, and also Stems ?

Haven't got one yet but considering it too

Cheers

Posted Wed 21 Feb 24 @ 11:31 pm