Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Unable To Fast Forward Through A Track
Hi,

New to virtualdj 2023 and just transitioned from Traktor pro 3.

I am currently using N1 KONTROL x1 but my question still applies even without this controller

1.) how do you fast forward through a song? lets say i am previewing a track and i simply want to skip through it to listent to different parts, how on earth can this be done in VirtualDJ?? I've searched and I find it very hard to believe there is no way to do this

2.) specifically for my controller, in Trackltor Pro, I could hold shift down and turn a knob, and it would skip through the track based on the loop sample size. so for instance, if the loop sampler was set to 8 beats, then holding shift and turning the knob would skipt the track forward to backwards by 8 beats. this was SUPER convenient

3. if there is a confirmed way to skip through a track, I would like to MAP that function to my controller which I am hoping is possible. it SHOULD be possible.. i hope

thanks!

Posted Fri 09 Feb 24 @ 7:21 am
There are MANY ways to do this.

seek +4 (you can change the number, which is beats e.g.) seek +8
Also goto +4. The difference between goto and seek, is that "seek" is repeative (e.g. it moves the track avery few ms) while "goto" executes only once, no matter how much time you hold the button pressed.

Also on many controllers that have jogs you can usually hold the SHIFT button down and move the jog.
Finally on controllers like X1MKII you can use the touchstrip to move around.

Posted Fri 09 Feb 24 @ 8:21 am