Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Ask The DJ
I set up ASK THE DJ went through everything properly and double checked settings. Logged in through my phone on a browser to test it. Nothing came through onto Virtual DJ - what could be going wrong?

Posted Thu 08 Feb 24 @ 2:21 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
you haven't set a askTheDJTwitterHashtag in settings have you? hashtag prevents looking up the ask server [I'm not even sure why it's still in options, twitter's API broke months and months ago]

other things to check is
askTheDJMonitoring Always
askTheDJFrequency time in seconds

Posted Thu 08 Feb 24 @ 2:30 pm
djdonnPRO InfinityMember since 2006
user25535093 wrote :
I set up ASK THE DJ went through everything properly and double checked settings. Logged in through my phone on a browser to test it. Nothing came through onto Virtual DJ - what could be going wrong?

I've been having the same problem occasionally and seems to be only at certain venues.

Make sure your laptop is connected to the internet.
Open a browser and ensure you can get to web sites.
Check the settings as Locodog specified above.

The only thing I can conclude with my issue is, the data signal isn't strong enough. Not the Wi-Fi signal, but the 'internet' signal strength. I'm able to connect to web sites but ask the dj doesn't work. I've hot spotted my laptop to my phone. I can connect to web sites but ATDJ doesn't work. I then hot spotted to a buddy's phone. Everything worked.

So, the differences are:
I have a Samsung S22 Ultra on T-Mobile network.
He has a Pixel 7 Pro on Verizon.

I guess the Verizon signal is stronger?

Here's another question. Where is the Ask The DJ server physically located?

Posted Thu 08 Feb 24 @ 3:26 pm
I don't find the folder Ask the Dj on the left side. Must I download someting?

Posted Thu 07 Mar 24 @ 9:42 pm
It could be hidden. click the round button at the bottom left of the screen and select reset root folders.

Posted Thu 07 Mar 24 @ 9:54 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
By default the ask folder is in another folder, "lists & advice"

Posted Fri 08 Mar 24 @ 11:58 am