Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Automix Smart-fader
J J ZrnPRO InfinityMember since 2019
Not sure how to ask this question so sorry for that, but why is it that smart-fader (I think that's what its called but it's the feature where automix transitions using the crossfader) seems to work with some controllers and not with others? There is no feature that i can tell that my Rev-1 has versus my DDJ-SSX3 for that feature however, it doesn't seem to work with the SX3 but does on the Rev - 1. Im sure its due to the controller because thats the only change as to when it works and when it doesn't, but I would like to know why and is there any way to rectify that with the software (like a custom button or something) the crossfader seems disabled however in the Sofware its enabled. Thanks in advance.

Posted Tue 06 Feb 24 @ 12:21 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
sx3 is a HW mixer, rev1 the mixing is done in SW

Posted Tue 06 Feb 24 @ 12:53 pm
locodog wrote :
sx3 is a HW mixer, rev1 the mixing is done in SW

Thanks for the info...HW? SW? what do those stand for?

Posted Wed 07 Feb 24 @ 1:44 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
HW= Hardware. In this case the controller just receives the sound from the individual decks from VirtualDJ, and the mixing is done by the controller. Since VirtualDJ doesn't control this part, it can't adjust it with VirtualDJ-specific features.

SW=Software. In this case VirtualDJ uses the information it gets from the controller (position of faders) to do the mixing in software, and sends the mixed result to the controller for output to the speakers.
Since it's VirtualDJ doing the mixing, the way this is done can be fully controlled by the software.

Posted Wed 07 Feb 24 @ 1:50 pm
Adion wrote :
HW= Hardware. In this case the controller just receives the sound from the individual decks from VirtualDJ, and the mixing is done by the controller. Since VirtualDJ doesn't control this part, it can't adjust it with VirtualDJ-specific features.

SW=Software. In this case VirtualDJ uses the information it gets from the controller (position of faders) to do the mixing in software, and sends the mixed result to the controller for output to the speakers.
Since it's VirtualDJ doing the mixing, the way this is done can be fully controlled by the software.

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain that here. Appreciate it.

Posted Thu 08 Feb 24 @ 7:29 pm