Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Help with recreating effect
Hi, I'm currently learning how to chop and screw songs using Virtual DJ. There's this effect I'm trying to get the hang of, this video demonstrates it: https://youtu.be/lXDKFRt6f3c

It's like a stutter effect. I know the technique of placing one track behind the other by a beat and using the crossfader back and forth, but it's not sounding natural to me. It sounds abrupt and not seamless. I've tried using other curves without success. I've also tried using loops but the way it repeats isn't as instant I think. Also with the crossfader, when I go back to the original track it skips a beat forward and the timing of it to not skip lyrics/rhythm is way too hard. Maybe there's a plugin I have to download or some technique to learn?

In the chopped and screwed songs I've heard, I haven't heard the song skipping/moving ahead at all, only backwards. I thought maybe they sync the beats after crossfading and placing the other track's beat behind the current selected one, but I don't know if you can do all of that in quick succession.

Posted Tue 06 Feb 24 @ 3:37 am
Try the Beat Grid effect.

Posted Tue 06 Feb 24 @ 3:45 pm
Thank you. Is there a way to disable the effect's rollover? As in, it goes back to the original point to where I enable it instead of moving forward?

Posted Tue 06 Feb 24 @ 5:21 pm
Switch it to single mode.

Posted Tue 06 Feb 24 @ 5:39 pm

Posted Tue 06 Feb 24 @ 10:23 pm