Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ not broadcasting LINE IN
TJ LivePRO InfinityMember since 2020
I just got a new macbook pro (Sonoma 14.2.1). I have been using a 2016 macbook as my local connection to a server to broadcast a live music show I dj using VDJ. Until now it hasn't been a problem, but something is definitely wrong and it's driving me mad. I cannot broadcast the line in source. I can hear the source, I can record it internally and within Audacity, but it will not broadcast.

I can connect to the server. I interrupt the radio station's stream with mine, only I am not feeding audio. I hear it from the speakers, I see that I have chosen the device as an input. It doesn't make sense. I don't even know who or how to ask about this because it seems so simple, but I can't find the solution!

Posted Sat 06 Jan 24 @ 12:27 am
picture of your audio config please

are you broadcasting with VDJ's broadcast feature?

Posted Sat 06 Jan 24 @ 12:56 am
I'm using VDJ's broadcast function to connect to a radio server. My music comes from a mixer (Line In Codec) and the output is the internet broadcast.

Posted Sat 06 Jan 24 @ 2:53 am
everything looks good ... rule of thumb is if you can record it inside VDJ it will broadcast.

how did you determine it wasn't broadcasting?

one thing i see right now is you haven't applied the line setting. is it also 48KHZ if not make it match the master

Posted Sat 06 Jan 24 @ 3:04 am
Right! I monitored the station and heard the dead air when I interrupted the stream. I thought I did apply the Line In. At least I went through the process. Perhaps that is the issue, that the software or hardware didn't accept the apply command?

Posted Sat 06 Jan 24 @ 1:47 pm
The server also says the settings look right to them and likely it is a VDJ setting that is the culprit. I suspect it is a network setting in the new iOs 14.2.1 that wasn't in 10.4 but I am clueless as to what it could be,

Posted Sat 06 Jan 24 @ 2:40 pm
if you can broadcast from the vdj decks and just not the line in it wouldn't be a network setting

i'm not really a mac guy but if one works they both should cause they come from the same program

could it be the icecast doesn't support mp3 broadcasting your using?
you could try OGG

Posted Sat 06 Jan 24 @ 7:30 pm
Do you hear the audio from line input being played locally by your latop/controller ?
You need to grant access to "MIC" input to VirtualDJ in MAC OS.
For MAC OS, all audio inputs are grouped as "MIC" inputs in security tab.
So, make sure theat VirtualDJ is allowed to access your audio inputs, by having access to "MIC"

Posted Mon 08 Jan 24 @ 7:00 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Do you hear the audio from line input being played locally by your latop/controller ?
You need to grant access to "MIC" input to VirtualDJ in MAC OS.
For MAC OS, all audio inputs are grouped as "MIC" inputs in security tab.
So, make sure theat VirtualDJ is allowed to access your audio inputs, by having access to "MIC"

I DO hear the line in audio on my macbook. I suspected this mic input control was the culprit, and I am not quite sure I have done what you suggested. Could you be a little more specific with me about the procedure, please?

Posted Tue 30 Jan 24 @ 10:47 pm
That's not the answer because it was working using those settings with my prior macbook.

wickedmix wrote :
if you can broadcast from the vdj decks and just not the line in it wouldn't be a network setting

i'm not really a mac guy but if one works they both should cause they come from the same program

could it be the icecast doesn't support mp3 broadcasting your using?
you could try OGG

Posted Tue 30 Jan 24 @ 10:48 pm
Open your MAC OS settings.
Go on Privacy & Security
Then check for MIC access.
It should list VirtualDJ and it should have a green/blue switch next to it.
If not, turn the switch on

Posted Wed 31 Jan 24 @ 7:27 am
Thank you. It was already turned on. The game is still afoot.

Posted Wed 31 Jan 24 @ 7:06 pm
Did you open the right port in your firewall for streaming? I had that problem and that was it for me.

Posted 2 days ago @ 6:22 am