Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Problem with Mixed in Key and VDJ
Hello!

I have a problem with the two programs mentioned above. For a whole lot of tracks everything worked fine. They have the key and energy number in the column and also have the cue points from MIK.

But for some tracks it just won't work. For some nothing at all is shown, others show me the filled column line and other tracks have the cue points but no comment...

Any help? I have the settings "getcuesfromtags" on always. Thanks in advance!

Posted Wed 03 Jan 24 @ 4:52 pm
How is use key from tag set?

Posted Wed 03 Jan 24 @ 5:45 pm
I put it on always.
The funny thing is, that it works for 90% of the tracks. Just some of them just don't want to get the tag from the file.

Posted Wed 03 Jan 24 @ 5:59 pm
Which version of Mixed In Key? Which version of VirtualDJ (including build)? Are you on Mac or PC? Which tag is MIK writing to? What format are the files? Are the files all the same format, bit rate, sample rate etc?

On the files that don't work, have you tried writing to the same tag with something other than MIK, then seeing if VDJ reads it?

Posted Wed 03 Jan 24 @ 6:15 pm
I only use the Energy and Cue from latest Mik in latest VDJ.

So i only need to ready Tags again, there ist the Energy in the Kommentar field.

Posted Wed 03 Jan 24 @ 7:55 pm
djdonnPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I know some of my media files won't allow the id3 tags to be updated/written to. I don't know why. I've tried messing with security settings of the files and I still can't get them to write. Only with a very few files, and there's no consistency or similarity to the files that can't be written to.

Posted Wed 03 Jan 24 @ 8:45 pm
groovindj wrote :
Which version of Mixed In Key? Which version of VirtualDJ (including build)? Are you on Mac or PC? Which tag is MIK writing to? What format are the files? Are the files all the same format, bit rate, sample rate etc?

On the files that don't work, have you tried writing to the same tag with something other than MIK, then seeing if VDJ reads it?

Newest Version of MIK and Version 2023 m b7831 on VDJ. I am on Mac and MIK is writing on the comment field. Format files are both mp3 and m4a. The sample rate etc. is different sometimes but I don't think it has something to do with it, because I have another track that works with the same settings.
No I haven't tried writing with another program that's a good idea!

Thank you!

Posted Wed 03 Jan 24 @ 10:27 pm
HardyHardwich82 wrote :
I only use the Energy and Cue from latest Mik in latest VDJ.

So i only need to ready Tags again, there ist the Energy in the Kommentar field.

Yeah that's what I am trying to do. But on some tracks it just won't work :(

Posted Wed 03 Jan 24 @ 10:28 pm
djdonn wrote :
I know some of my media files won't allow the id3 tags to be updated/written to. I don't know why. I've tried messing with security settings of the files and I still can't get them to write. Only with a very few files, and there's no consistency or similarity to the files that can't be written to.

Thank you!!! It seems so random! the files which aren't working are also not locked or something. Everything is completely the same as with the other files where it just works....

Posted Wed 03 Jan 24 @ 10:29 pm
Also, in the files that VDJ doesn't read correctly, are you sure that the tag info is really there?

Posted Wed 03 Jan 24 @ 11:06 pm
Check the Attributes from the Files.
I think some m4a wont Work for me, but i switch to flac, because they have a better Sound quality.
Im also using Platinum Notes to get one Gain, there also some Files have Errors.
But for my Main Playlists its all okay.

Posted Thu 04 Jan 24 @ 11:18 am
Try MP3Tag to write a New command, after this it may works for U?

Posted Thu 04 Jan 24 @ 11:19 am