Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ Pricing
I have a DenonDJ Prime 4 (for home use only, not for playing out) & I was looking to purchase VDJ Home Plus but when I key in my DenonDJ Prime 4 your software tells me I have to purchase the PRO version which really has way to much functionality for me. I don't intend to do video, Podcast, Stream or anything like that thus the price of $299 is a tad excessive for me. Is there any other option of the software I can use that just gives me the functionality I need? Surely I can't be the only one. Can you create another bundle that cuts out the other stuff? All I really want is the "Stems & audio effects" I'd gladly pay $100 for that.

Posted Thu 21 Dec 23 @ 8:25 pm
99.9 percent of people buy them for gig use hence the reason there is no home license.

I believe you can use the full version of Serato with the controller for free however.

Posted Thu 21 Dec 23 @ 9:06 pm
Having presumably paid around 2000 for the Prime 4, another 299 is chicken feed, surely?

Besides, the Prime 4 is designed as a standalone unit for those won't wish to use DJ software.

Posted Thu 21 Dec 23 @ 9:22 pm
I had a similar situation - but in reverse hehe..
I have been a Serato user for years, and now want to expand my DJing to incorporate Pitch N Time ... Well you can't just buy that expansion - you need the whole expansion suite!! $349.00!!!!!

SO here I am a Virtual DJ Pro license user now and I am loving it so far!

Good Luck!

Posted Fri 22 Dec 23 @ 10:21 am
With an investment on a controller like that, I would just pay the 299

I did this about 10 years ago, I have upgraded my controllers about 5 times since then

But have not had to spend another penny on VDJ!

Best money I have ever spent

Posted Fri 29 Dec 23 @ 6:53 pm
Agreed. Pretty much every other software out there is ransomware but the last time I paid for VDJ was 2008 and I still have the receipt to prove it.

At the age of 57 it's probably the best thing I have ever invested in.

Posted Fri 29 Dec 23 @ 7:04 pm
''Pretty much every other software out there is ransomware'' . So true

Posted Fri 29 Dec 23 @ 7:12 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Agreed. Pretty much every other software out there is ransomware but the last time I paid for VDJ was 2008 and I still have the receipt to prove it.

At the age of 57 it's probably the best thing I have ever invested in.

And also, you are not even asked to pay any more for features within the software like
Video support
DVS
Karaoke
DMX
Video skins
Desktop skins
Audio plugins
Video plugins

Plus the superb stems
Free upgrades
And a scripting language that
allows you do some amazing things