Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Music Mixing and Karaoke and Video Screen Output
Hi, I have an upcoming gig. It's going to be a mixed music party (me mixing deck to deck and then breaks for karaoke). I have my laptop outputting video onto a screen the full time. Have a slide show running for the music mixing (so same slide show on right and left decks).

When transitioning to Karaoke. Let's say I am playing a normal song on the left deck, and want to start karaoke on the right deck. Fader full left. If I hit the "start karaoke", the karaoke template (with the songs and upcoming singers) pops up on top of my slideshow. Eventhough the fader is still full left. The music is correctly not playing outloud till I fade it to the right.

I can't seem to figure out why that is. I want a smooth visual transition and not have to drop into a black screen and then hit start karaoke.

Posted Wed 13 Dec 23 @ 8:33 pm

Posted Thu 14 Dec 23 @ 9:22 am
The VDJ Karaoke instructions don't cover the skin on top of the video output of the other deck.

When you flip the karaoke to "on" and you still have a song on the other deck (fader left), the Karaoke skin with singer names pops over the other decks slide show.

Posted Thu 14 Dec 23 @ 6:59 pm
If you read the manual, you'll find where the options are for turning that off.

Also you could just click the dot next to the karaoke button.

Posted Thu 14 Dec 23 @ 7:17 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
turn the karaoke skin off then?

Posted Thu 14 Dec 23 @ 7:19 pm
ecuador

Posted Wed 03 Jan 24 @ 9:17 pm