Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Rane Four
Will there ever be a fix on the auto cue function? Just wondering because everything else works perfectly except that one thing.

Posted Fri 01 Dec 23 @ 4:38 pm
Could you explain better what you mean ?

First of all, "AutoCue" is a software function and it already provides some options to select from and tailor it to your needs.
Second, I don't see how that's related specifically to Rane Four. It doesn't even have an "AutoCue" button (usually only some Pioneer units have this these days)

Unless you mean something else, and therefore you need to explain better for us to be able to provide the best help possible.

Posted Sat 02 Dec 23 @ 2:08 am
The function I was referring to is when a track is loaded it automatically cues in the headphones.

Posted Sat 02 Dec 23 @ 3:36 am
That's "autoHeadphones" function and it cannot be "fixed"

The reason is that Rane Four is using an external mixer audio setup.
Each software deck sends audio to each mixer channel separately.
So, VirtualDJ is not offered a "headphones" audio channel that can send the sound of headphones to.
On top of that, you cannot control the "PFL (CUE)" buttons via MIDI.
You have to physically press the buttons to send the audio of the channel to your headphones.

So, VirtualDJ cannot do anything to "fix" this. It's just impossible due to the device design.

Posted Sat 02 Dec 23 @ 5:39 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I understood that to be the case too but a rane 4 user swore bind by removing the oninit hp stuff it worked as he wanted.

try changing oninit mapping from this
setting 'skin6FxLayout' on & setting_setsession 'pflOnselect' off & setting_setsession 'autoHeadphones' 'no' & setting_setsession 'samplerApplyEffectsOnDeckOutput' 'yes' & fake_master on & fake_pfl on & fake_hp on & fake_hpmix on & fake_mixer on & fake_eq on & sampler_volume_master 100% & deck 2 effect_clone 1 & deck 3 effect_clone 1 & deck 4 effect_clone 1 & colorfx_prefader on

to this

setting 'skin6FxLayout' on & setting_setsession 'samplerApplyEffectsOnDeckOutput' 'yes' & fake_master on & fake_pfl on & fake_hp on & fake_hpmix on & fake_mixer on & fake_eq on & sampler_volume_master 100% & deck 2 effect_clone 1 & deck 3 effect_clone 1 & deck 4 effect_clone 1 & colorfx_prefader on

he might have been wrong, but I took him at his word.

Posted Sat 02 Dec 23 @ 6:12 pm
Thanks, now I can put that to rest.

Posted Sat 02 Dec 23 @ 6:14 pm