Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: PHASE HID - Support in VirtualDJ - Page: 15
Is zero an auto adjust mode then?

Posted Thu 08 Aug 24 @ 1:58 pm
Also A@vdj_pARtybOy did the drifting issue with Phase in HID mode using the Traktor Kontrol Z2 get resolved?

Posted Thu 08 Aug 24 @ 2:22 pm
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
Also A@vdj_pARtybOy did the drifting issue with Phase in HID mode using the Traktor Kontrol Z2 get resolved?

Not yet. But VDJ emailed me a file to workaround the issue on macOS.
Zero for latency is automatic, you can check the output latency in audio settings window, the lowest setting is 1 sample

Posted Thu 08 Aug 24 @ 3:32 pm
(Based on @PhantomDeejay the comment of using Rane Twelve MK2s with the Rane Performer)

What's the expectation of using Phase in HID mode with controllers that have an HID Jog/HID Motorized controller already assigned to controlling the deck? Is that unsupported? Could that be a reason for some of the drifting situations seen here (one person was using what looked like a DDJ SZ with the Phase in HID mode).

Also, is there a way to assign one side of remote to another deck (e.g. like the left remote can be toggled between decks 1 and 3 and the right remote can be toggled between decks 2 and 4, like what we have in 4 deck controllers)?

Posted Tue 20 Aug 24 @ 11:53 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Using 2 motorized controllers at the same time for the same deck would probably not work as expected, but one motorized and one non-motorized should be fine. As long as you don't move/touch the non-motorized one it shouldn't interfer at all.

Posted Tue 20 Aug 24 @ 12:31 pm
And this part?

DJ VinylTouch wrote :

Also, is there a way to assign one side of remote to another deck (e.g. like the left remote can be toggled between decks 1 and 3 and the right remote can be toggled between decks 2 and 4, like what we have in 4 deck controllers)?

Don't know if this is even possible with other software, but one person asked me about this recently.

Posted Tue 20 Aug 24 @ 7:08 pm
So I just wanted to bring back attention to the Phase HID usage + Radio broadcast + record problem - I can consistently get terrible drift with that setup.

It's not a out of resource problem to me because the machine at that time, and it is fully responsive otherwise (It is not running anything else (other than the OS stuff), the track plays normally, it is also manipulated without issue with other hardware controls/DVS, recording + broadcast is unaffected), so there is definitely some sort of interference of the HID processing with something else when broadcasting. It doesn't seem to happen when recording only.

Posted Fri 30 Aug 24 @ 7:17 pm
If this is out of scope of expected usage of Phase then please let me know (although I do believe that Phase via DVS doesn't exhibit this problem).

Posted Fri 30 Aug 24 @ 8:46 pm
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
If this is out of scope of expected usage of Phase then please let me know (although I do believe that Phase via DVS doesn't exhibit this problem).

I went back to using Phase in DVS mode. Too many issues with it in HID.

Posted Wed 04 Sep 24 @ 12:47 pm
I agree there are some problems that it would be nice to know if it was at least reproducible/confirmed by devs.

I'm also wondering/worried that what I described (drift when broadcasting to radio) could be a more general problem with HID Jogs...seems like a fairly serious problem to me if it is but the Devs do have final say on issues and believed priority.

Posted Wed 04 Sep 24 @ 1:53 pm
With the latest VirtualDJ update, HID mode with Phase is no longer is stable/usable. I have switched Phase to DVS mode to work around the HID issue.

Posted 3 days ago @ 1:34 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Could you further explain what stability issues you get in HID ?
Is it disconnections or accuracy ?

Posted 3 days ago @ 10:00 am
In my case it's accuracy...once I start a radio broadcast, it goes from no drifing to severe drifting almost immediately.

Posted 3 days ago @ 5:09 pm