Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Scratching with the RANE Four
I have a RANE One and recently picked up a RANE Four. I have been tweaking settings in VDJ to get the best feel from the jog wheels and crossfader to get as close to the One as possible here are the settings I changed:

It is like 98% perfect and the scratching on the Four is really tight with my tweaks but still doesn't feel 100% like something I would get from my RANE One - Anyone have any suggestions for fine-tuning my jog wheel / crossfader settings or other settings?

Thanks

Posted Fri 10 Nov 23 @ 2:34 pm
A quick question:
jogVibrationProtection

What does this data field do?

I find it hard to do scribbles on the Rane Four (Where you tense your forearm to vibrate your middle finger on the platter at high speed.)

The RANE Four isn't the best with this scratch. Any other settings I can change to alleviate this?

Posted Fri 10 Nov 23 @ 3:23 pm
It's mostly there for Pioneer HID platters that offer such high resolution, that simple vibrations of the unit could cause the jogwheel position to move.

Finally I'm not a scratch guy myself, but comparing a controller with motorized decks to one with simple (non motorized) jogs, seems like comparing apples to oranges to me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm just saying that you may never get the same "feeling", just because ONE has motorized platters.

PS: I know how to play with turnatables and how to scratch. But I'm not a turntablist and therefore I'm not qualified to understand 0.05 difference in performance :P That's what I'm saying!

Posted Fri 10 Nov 23 @ 5:24 pm
I started DJ'ing with 40+ year old turntables back in the day. Anyone reading this learn on shitty gear. Once you get something like a pair of tech 12's mkII your skills will be amazing and mixes will be flawless.

Bit of a tangent.

But yeah in the official RANE review of the Four they were scratching and using the jog wheel to great effect. I love the platters on the ONE but the Four is just downright amazing. The jog wheels feel like vinyl and I am so close to perfection on the settings just not sure what else to tweak.

Posted Fri 10 Nov 23 @ 6:13 pm