Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Can't invoke browser search bar
rhdinahHome userMember since 2021
I have a free license for VDJ. I use it primarily for maintaining my music database. The "search bar" does not show and for months I have searched for why ... on line and in settings. However in its place is the directory (folder) name I am viewing in the list view ... which is nice, but right-clicking on it produces no pop up box. Can anyone clue me into how to invoke the browser search bar please? Thanks!

Posted Thu 02 Nov 23 @ 2:54 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Thu 02 Nov 23 @ 6:54 pm
Thank you! I downloaded it from VDJ website from what I can remember two years back plus I get regular updates. I've some screenshots, but don't see how to put them in this msg. OBTW CTRL-F doesn't do anything either. ABTW there is no "ABOUT" menu item, but from the settings screen shows v2023-i b7746. Virtual DJ 2023 mac build 7746.2012

Posted Sat 04 Nov 23 @ 2:18 pm
There were once LE versions of VirtualDJ that did not have a search option. An LE version would have been bundled with a controller. Do you have a controller that came with VDJ LE?

I don't think that restriction is part of the current version any more, so if you download the latest VDJ from here, you could buy a license for your controller and not be restricted.

Posted Sat 04 Nov 23 @ 2:29 pm
I don't use a controller here, I DJ from separate Pioneer gear via USB off Rekordbox. So it's basically standalone on this Mac. I downloaded the current version from the link provided above and installed it. Problem remains. I checked by Mac settings to see if the keyboard CTRL-F is reassigned and it is not. If I hit CTRL-F on my Safari browser, the Find box comes up on the browser. If I hit CTRL-F on Rekordbox, up flies a search control. It's sad that I can't seem to attach an image here (hint: good idea for an enhancement BTW). So it's very bizarre! Any other ideas please? Thank you!

OBTW I ordered a FLX4 controller the other day to carry about which is the reason why I want to DJ from this Mac and need to search tracks. 😀

Posted Sat 04 Nov 23 @ 3:04 pm
I'm curious as to why your version is v2023-i and what the small i at the end signifies.

Mine just says v2023 (no i).

You might benefit from a complete uninstall of VDJ and settings.xml then a fresh reinstall from the latest downloaded version.

As for pictures, it's a limitation for non license users, but you can host the pics somewhere else and link to them.

Posted Sat 04 Nov 23 @ 3:28 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The "-i" indicates mac with Intel CPU.

Posted Sat 04 Nov 23 @ 3:40 pm
Great news! I did a "Reset All Settings" and the Search Box magically appeared! So a few here and there's and I'll have my settings restored. Thanks everyone for your help!! ❤️🌈

Posted Sat 04 Nov 23 @ 3:45 pm
Okay, so after resetting my settings I found out what the *REAL* problem was ... I was viewing the Sideview Panel entirely and hiding the Folders Panel. The Sideview panel does *NOT* have the Search Box Feature available. Something else learned! Thanks again!

Posted Sat 04 Nov 23 @ 3:56 pm