Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Help creating a button to mark song as played
Looking to set a button to mark songs as already played.

I know I can right-click a song and mark it as played, can I make a button to do this?

Thanks!

Posted Thu 02 Nov 23 @ 1:34 am
In the button editor, I only see:

playlist_remove_played
and
not_played

Posted Thu 02 Nov 23 @ 1:37 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
"Already Played" is the tag that holds that info

loaded_song "Already Played" 1

browsed_song "Already Played" 1

Posted Thu 02 Nov 23 @ 1:47 am
PERFECT THANKS LOCODOG!! Works just as I need!

Posted Thu 02 Nov 23 @ 1:56 am
I created a filter in the "quick filter" settings at the top right of the middle browser window. When I play a song longer than the selected time in the settings, The song turns "GREEN" to automatically show that it's been played. This way, i don't have to worry about it. Just a suggestion.

Posted Sun 05 Nov 23 @ 9:00 pm
Michaelj_S_FL wrote :
I created a filter in the "quick filter" settings at the top right of the middle browser window. When I play a song longer than the selected time in the settings, The song turns "GREEN" to automatically show that it's been played. This way, i don't have to worry about it. Just a suggestion.

Sounds good but then that would defeat the purpose for specifically asking for help creating a button. I needed a button to midi map.
I have a special event I run each month, where the client has a single button at their station, when clicked it marks the song as played & skips, no matter what the selected time is set at. In this manner, if a song is played for 1 sec and the button is clicked the song is marked as played any time up to the default set in VDJ.

By default, my VDJ historyDelay is set to mark as played after 30 seconds. And I have a quick filter set to already played as red.

Thanks tho.

Posted Fri 10 Nov 23 @ 4:57 pm