Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer Opus Quad mapping Stem Remix - Page: 2
Open settings, click on "Mapping" tab on the left, select Opus-Quad on the main window and then select "Factory default" on the drop down box that's located on the upper right corner of the window.

Posted Mon 30 Oct 23 @ 9:14 am
With your help, now everything is going very well. The new options for OQ are great. One question, is there a setting so that when you load a new song the stems from the pads get reset and go back to hot cues? Thanks for all the help.

Posted Mon 30 Oct 23 @ 8:11 pm
And one more thing, on this latest version VDJ won't let me map anything to OQ anymore

Posted Mon 30 Oct 23 @ 9:27 pm
user23783847 wrote :
With your help, now everything is going very well. The new options for OQ are great. One question, is there a setting so that when you load a new song the stems from the pads get reset and go back to hot cues? Thanks for all the help.

Open Settings, and go to mapping.
Select KEYBOARD mapper, and find a key named "ONSONGLOAD"
Select it and put this code in the box: set 'OpusStemsPads' 0
Save your changes.
That's it!

PS: We haven't changed anything that should prevent you from remapping any controller. So remapping Quad should still be possible.
As a troubleshoot step, I would advise you to open VirtualDJ home directory, enter "Mappers" subdirectory and delete any xml files related to Opus Quad that may exist there.
Then I would try remapping again.

Posted Tue 31 Oct 23 @ 8:49 am
Ok, I'll try. Thank you

Posted Tue 31 Oct 23 @ 10:37 am
Thanks for the info, you are truly a treasure for those looking to learn Virtual DJ. The first problem is solved but with the second problem I didn't succeed because I can't find the Virtual DJ Home folder. On Mac OS Big Sure was in the Documents folder but now in Ventura I can't find it anywhere...

Posted Tue 31 Oct 23 @ 9:44 pm
It's in Application Support folder.
In order to access it, open VirtualDJ settings, and click on OPTIONS tab on the left.
Now, on the bottom right corner of the settings window you should see a small cog icon.
Press it, and VirtualDJ home folder should open in Finder

Posted Wed 01 Nov 23 @ 12:37 am
Now everything OK, I followed your directions and after deleting the old mappings, I can now map the OQ again. Honestly, I was looking for the folder in Application Support but it wasn't there but with your help I found it. I kept trying to map the Loop Out effect from the VDJ to the OQ (on the loop knob) but I can't at all. Can the effects on the VDJ be mapped or will I have to use only the effects on the OQ?

Posted Wed 01 Nov 23 @ 8:18 am
You can map software effects.
However keep in mind:

1) The LOOP encoder has two functions: Rotate, and push down.
You need to remap the PUSH action (BEATLOOP key)
The script should be effect_active 'loop out'

2) If you remap the PUSH action to something else, you won't have the ability to get out of a loop.
The LOOP OUT button is mapped to adjust the loop out point if you press it while a loop is active.
So, most likely you'll want to remap that as well to something like loop ? loop_exit : pioneer_loop_out

3) When using software effects, you need to remember that they are applied as pre-fader effects, no matter the VirtualDJ setting of fx-processing.
That's because the unit has a hardware mixer, and doesn't offer effect send/return channels.
This means that your software effects are effected by deck volume sliders and crossfader.
You cannot bypass this. However for most effects this should not be an issue.

4) If you want something similar to loop out but "post fader" then you can try the Opus-Quad built in "smooth echo" functionality. You can use the Opus screen to set it up, and it should work with VirtualDJ just as with stand alone operation.

PS: In theory you can remap the rotate function of the encoder to trigger the loop out effect, but I don't think it's any practical at all. Thus I'm not giving a script for this (since it differs from a button)

Posted Wed 01 Nov 23 @ 10:26 am
I took your advice and mapped the Reverse button. I have a question, I'm coming after 12 years of Serato and I'm trying to get used to VDJ and I'd like to know if it's possible that Rhythm Waveforms Beat has another view? Now they overlap but I wonder if one can be down and the other up flipped?

Posted Wed 01 Nov 23 @ 2:02 pm

Posted Wed 01 Nov 23 @ 2:07 pm
Not in the default skin.
Different skins offer different options. You may have to try a few skins to find one with that view.

Posted Wed 01 Nov 23 @ 7:31 pm
OK, it was nice to have it in the skin you made, which I also use. Thanks for all the help so far, I couldn't have done it without you.
From the tests I've done, my opinion is that Opus Quad works best on VDJ, especially with the latest version. I also tried with Serato and Rekordbox and in Stand Alone mode, but by far Opus Quad is used to its maximum only on Virtual Dj. Kudos to those who made this possible. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Posted Wed 01 Nov 23 @ 8:04 pm
Ok, after using Opus Quad for a few days on Virtual Dj there are a few things to fix and I think only you can help me.

1. I played music for almost 10 years on Ddj SZ which had 2 browser buttons one on each deck and now on Opus Quad there is only one for both decks. Do you think it's possible to make the Load button light blink when a deck is stopped to make it easier for me to tell which deck the song needs to be loaded into? That is, when a deck is turned on, the Load button LED should be on and when the deck is off, the Load button LED should flash. Because now every time I load in the song I have to look carefully for a few seconds in which deck the song should be loaded.

2. What is the script to map an on-off led? I mapped the Reverse button with Effect Loop Out and everything works OK except that the button LED doesn't light up when it’s on….

That's about it, it would be one more thing but you've already helped me a lot. Thanks for everything anyway. A beautiful day!

Posted Thu 02 Nov 23 @ 10:21 am
I'll start answering the opposite direction.

Generally speaking, when you remap a button, it's LED should follow the new mapping.
The only case this doesn't happen, is when you map the LED of a button with some code (because you may want different operation from main button)
That's the case with SLIP_REVERSE button.
The default mapper has some "code" in the LED_SLIP_REVERSE key, in order to better adjust how the LED behaves.
You have remapped the button, but the LED follows it's own mapping.
You don't need to map the LED to the same action as the button.
All you need to do is to completely remove all the actions from the LED_SLIP_REVERSE key.
This will effectively remove the key completely from the mapper, and the LED of the button will start following the code of the button instead.

Now, for the LOAD button question:
Try this: Remap the LED_LOAD to
not loaded ? on : param_bigger 0.1 level ? on : blink

Posted Thu 02 Nov 23 @ 10:46 am
Hello, PHANTOMDEEJAY!

With the Slip Reverse LED mapping everything went perfectly. Thank you very much!

With the LED mapping for Load, I followed your instructions, only now the LEDs always flash regardless of whether the deck is playing or not.... I apologize that maybe I didn't make myself understood properly.
It would help if the led blinks when the deck is off and then the led stays on when the deck is playing. Exactly like the PLAY button from Pioneer.

Posted Thu 02 Nov 23 @ 3:38 pm
not_loaded ? on : pioneer_play

Posted Thu 02 Nov 23 @ 4:25 pm
Now everything works perfectly, Opus Quad performs much better with these settings on Virtual DJ.
I have no words to thank you for all your help.
I hope other users can benefit from all the pointers you have given me here.

A nice evening!

Posted Thu 02 Nov 23 @ 5:58 pm
Hello again, I don't know if you have tried the Color FX on the Opus Quad, but they are very poor in quality compared to the effects that Virtual Dj has. Is it possible to map the effects on the VDJ with buttons (parameters) on the Color FX push and volume buttons on the Opus Quad?

Posted Fri 03 Nov 23 @ 10:00 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
no, the buttons & dials are HW level sound manipulation.
could pioneer offer the ability to switch that off ? maybe with a FW update, but it's unlikely they would.

Posted Fri 03 Nov 23 @ 10:41 am
89%