Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Which license do we need?
Guys. I had advised my bud to purchase the $99 license to use his VDJ on his old Pioneer DDJ-SX ll. He's not a dj so this will be only for his home use. Far as I could tell that $99 license will allow him to use VDJ only on his controller but he just tried purchasing it and told me that is 99 'per month'?

Can anyone clarify on this for us please and confirm which license he will need only for his home use on his Pioneer controller? Thanks.

Posted Thu 12 Oct 23 @ 3:34 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
$99 per month is the business license, what he's looking for is VirtualDJ Home Plus (below on the buy page)

Posted Thu 12 Oct 23 @ 3:49 pm
Would you believe it? The Home User license does not support his DDJ-SX2 controller. Paying 299 for the Infinity Pro won't be feasible for him as he uses VDJ only to run the Automix playlists so might as well just run his Mac to his mixer and be done with it. I appreciate your help though!

Posted Thu 12 Oct 23 @ 4:54 pm

Posted Fri 13 Oct 23 @ 7:42 am
mikehende wrote :
he uses VDJ only to run the Automix playlists

Agree with you, there is no need to purchase a controller license, to run automix.

Though have to say.. the Pro Infinity license is the most amazing deal of any software I have every purchased..
Not to mention it is amazingly flexible and always years ahead of all other DJ software.

And one purchase for life.. just simply amazing..

I sometimes, feel ppl should make a purchase just to support the awesome work of the Virtual DJ team..
In the similar way that a DJ, that creates the most amazing atmosphere for an event .. gets rewarded.

And wouldn't one want to at least buy beer for someone who has created such an awesome automix interface for you.

Posted Fri 13 Oct 23 @ 9:16 am
I personally totally agree with everything you've written on the Pro Infinity.

Posted Fri 13 Oct 23 @ 10:02 am

I bought a licensed controller about 4 years ago, I paid for life, it worked for a while, after which I didn't use it anymore. Last year I tried again and it didn't work, I paid again for life, now I have the same problem. .how many times do I have to pay "for life" and restore my Playlist!?

Posted Wed 03 Jan 24 @ 12:32 am
Need more info:

Which controller did you buy? You bough a "licensed controller" or a controller license?

Which license did you buy (your user name doesn't show you as having any kind of license)?

If you paid "for life" (not a monthly subscription) and you were aware of doing so, why did you pay again?

Posted Wed 03 Jan 24 @ 9:55 am