Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Mac ios Sonoma Compatibility
Hi there.just wondering how reliable vdj is with the latest ios Sonoma?

Posted Fri 29 Sep 23 @ 9:45 pm
in m2 macbook pro 13 working good with virtual dj!

Posted Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 12:22 am
I don't know about reliability, it was only released a few days ago. I have it running on my 14" M1 MBP and still testing it as I don't have a gig for a few weeks. I also have a backup 15" Touchbar MBP that can't be upgraded to Sonoma which I can use for gigging if needed.

So far Sonoma is working fine with no issues.

Posted Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 3:45 pm
Hope that something OFFICIAL is coming out from VirtualDJ...

Posted Mon 02 Oct 23 @ 9:58 am
Officially, as with all recent MAC OS updates, VirtualDJ by itself works absolutely fine on Sonoma.

However, for the moment we test various gear configurations, "just in case"
So, it would be wise to also check with your gear manufacturer if they say it's ok to update to Sonoma or not.

Posted Mon 02 Oct 23 @ 10:17 am
my virtual DJ does not find tracks to play with Sonoma, I do not know where to make the right settings

Posted Sun 08 Oct 23 @ 11:10 am
djzah71PRO InfinityMember since 2009
From reading posts about MB pro running Sonoma it doesn't break the software (meaning DJ software you can launch and run like VDJ, Serato, rekordbox, etc). Issue with Sonoma is the drivers or connectivity to the DJ gear via USB. This is what is broken at the moment from my testing but I'm no professional, just desperate. Now old controllers like the DDJ-400 work fine but seriously that will work with bobwire fence as a connection but my Denon Prime Go is a No Go at the moment unless I go standalone using engineDJ software and thats just... yuck in comparison to VDJ.. its like going from a $500 vehicle to rollerskates.

Posted Thu 26 Oct 23 @ 1:31 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Every Controller i have tried so far works fine with Sonoma (Air Mac M1), including Denon DJ Prime Go

Posted Thu 26 Oct 23 @ 3:21 pm
Please people, a friendly reminder:
After you install your device drivers (especially Pioneer ones) remember to reboot your MAC.

I know MAC users tend to not reboot / shut down their MACs. However most modern device "drivers" install a "service" that gets executed during boot. If you don't reboot your MAC that service does not get started and your controller does not get detected / work properly.

Posted Fri 27 Oct 23 @ 10:09 am
Just saying again after I reupdated my Mac M2 Max to Sonoma only it’s 14.1 this time it is still failing to produce quality video graphics HDMI out. It didn’t used to do this on Sonoma in general Factory reset isn’t helping. Now when I run on Ventura virtual DJ is sluggish but it can out put video.

Posted Sun 29 Oct 23 @ 3:16 pm
blowflyPRO SubscriberMember since 2017
VDJ works fine here on Sodama OS, except for the history file to Now Playing 2. None played Tracks are being exported ....?

Posted Sun 19 Nov 23 @ 6:50 pm
turroPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I updated to Sonoma Virtual DJ with my ddj 1000 crashing and this is not nice during an evening. However, if you go to Pioneer DJ, Virtual DJ users are advised not to update your Mac (I have a MacBook M1 Pro) until they have resolved the problems with the drivers (they are testing them), unfortunately I did and virtual doesn't work well I had to switch to dj pro Algoriddim for the moment I hope they solve the problems as soon as possible. I just ask one thing, wouldn't it be possible every time Apple releases a new operating system, making a warning message not to upgrade appear on Virtual DJ would be a good thing to do

Posted Fri 01 Dec 23 @ 7:45 am
The issue is not with VirtualDJ but the Pioneer drivers.

The team have advised to check hardware drivers several times but you've obvioulsy not seen it.

Posted Fri 01 Dec 23 @ 7:56 am
my macbook pro m3 pro is constantly losing connection with my pioneer devices! Some nights it goes well other I have a lot of problems with the connections! I hoop this gets fixed fast!

Posted Fri 22 Dec 23 @ 2:41 am
Hi. It works in Sonoma with Mbp, but the controls drivers are not fully working yet. For example, my device Herculesrmx2 probably works for Ventura, which is a lower version, but it does not work for Sonomo. There are breaks and rustling in the sound. I also get the audio output from MBP through the headphone output. Since I always go to events such as weddings, I need a small device for ease of carrying, but I have a problem with the driver.
I also want to switch to the pro infinity version, but it is very expensive in my country and I have to use it, but I love virtualdj so much that I do not want to use it in any other program.

Posted Wed 27 Dec 23 @ 7:24 pm
Same with User BARTONFIKS, same sound problems. Distorted music.

Posted Sat 27 Jan 24 @ 3:23 am
TJ LivePRO InfinityMember since 2020
My issue with Sonoma is broadcasting a live radio signal. It blocks the audio and I think it has something to do with the new Microphone select feature in OS13 & 14. Any LINE IN is seen as a Microphone (I believe). Does anyone know of a workaround? I can record but not broadcast live.

Posted Tue 30 Jan 24 @ 1:17 pm
SKOSTPRO InfinityMember since 2013
today my m2 (sonoma 14.3.1) was not detected Denon4000 in virtual dj . I played straight into the amp

Posted Fri 08 Mar 24 @ 11:23 pm
I upgraded to Sonoma and now can't install Virtual Dj.
It says: "You need to have administrative privileges to install this software"
Any help? thanks

Posted Fri 05 Apr 24 @ 1:21 am
svenkina wrote :
my macbook pro m3 pro is constantly losing connection with my pioneer devices! Some nights it goes well other I have a lot of problems with the connections! I hoop this gets fixed fast!

turn off the wifi and let me know if this fix works well.

Posted Sun 02 Jun 24 @ 12:39 am