Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Help
Why when I try to hold the record after I hit play the song tries to play even when I have my had on the platter. I have the ddj400 I tried going in and adjusting with the settings threshold. Am I adjusting the right one? I need some help.

Posted Wed 27 Sep 23 @ 4:13 am
Do you have vinyl mode active ?

Posted Wed 27 Sep 23 @ 1:52 pm
Yes I do but while I’m scratching on the board it keeps slipping and playing. I can’t control it like I wanna.

Posted Wed 27 Sep 23 @ 6:43 pm
What does threshold actually do? I was told to adjust that a little but it seems to not help.

Posted Wed 27 Sep 23 @ 6:49 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So your Deck looks like this .. (Vinyl On, Slip Off)

Try the Jog-related settings set to default values, especially the JogSensitivityScratch

Posted Wed 27 Sep 23 @ 8:27 pm
That kinda helped but it still does it with some songs. It play’s automatically. Sometimes I can scratch and like the song freezes up until I touch the platter again. This sucks nobody knows how to fix this.

Posted Thu 28 Sep 23 @ 6:08 am
Could be a grounding issue.
Assign a skin custom button as touchwheel_touch and notice if it propely turns on when u touch the platter and turn off when you release

Posted Thu 28 Sep 23 @ 7:37 am
Ok I assigned a skin custom button it turns on whenever I touched it but I noticed whenever I move the record scratching it turns on and off at times without me taking my hands off the record. I think I may have a grounding issue. How can I fix this? I don’t understand why some songs do this and some don’t.

Posted Thu 28 Sep 23 @ 1:17 pm
user27178010 wrote :
I don’t understand why some songs do this and some don’t.

On the same Deck/Side ?? Dont think that matters which Song you play, unless you have assigned any Action POI doing things.

user27178010 wrote :
I think I may have a grounding issue. How can I fix this?
Which controller ? Try to contact their Support.

Posted Thu 28 Sep 23 @ 3:59 pm
I have the ddj400

Posted Thu 28 Sep 23 @ 5:35 pm
I have the ddj400. Thanks all for the help.
I reached out to support.

Posted Thu 28 Sep 23 @ 5:47 pm
On the same Deck/Side ?? Dont think that matters which Song you play, unless you have assigned any Action POI doing things.

Yes I mostly use the right deck to scratch but it’s been times I switched to the left and it done the same thing.
I don’t know that POI are so I can’t and that.

Posted Thu 28 Sep 23 @ 8:11 pm
Hey I tried tried the other deck and it doesn’t mess up like my right one. I guess I have to start using the left one more. Is there a way I can fix the right one like recalibrate the whole board with an app? I bought this board off Amazon it wasn’t new when I bought. I don’t have a lot of money for a new one.

Posted Fri 29 Sep 23 @ 2:47 pm