Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Sound Glitch while performing using VirtualDJ
when playing at wedding receptions or music events, often I am getting a digital sounding glitch sound. like some kind of interference sound. a client said it sounded like digital squealing? it lasts for about a second or 3, and sometimes it has stopped the music all together, and other times it has not. scares the snot out of me because if this were to happen when a first dance at a wedding is in full swing, the DJ would be the target of everyone's stares and mounting concern.

My hardware should be plenty fine. Asus Ryzen 9 CPU, RTX3060 GPU, 40GB DDR4 RAM and 2 TB M.2 SSD. Pioneer DDJ-SR2 controller. razer wireless mouse. not running any programs in the background, CPU and GPU temps are around 55C.

But the music will make glitchy sounds during random songs about an hour apart. sometimes 2 hours.

Connected with USB-C to USB-A for the data, and using the supplied Power unit for the controller. tried standard USB for the PC but no difference.

not sure whats going on.

Posted Mon 25 Sep 23 @ 4:58 am
I would run this free latency checker called LatencyMon https://www.resplendence.com/downloads

also i would suspect the wireless mouse could cause some issues you might try a wired one in its place and see how that goes.

i think there were some issues with Ryzen cpus and latency you may look for a firmware update for the machine.

Posted Mon 25 Sep 23 @ 2:10 pm
Also, while it's unlikely that it's the cause of your issue, the SR2 is not the perfect gear for that job. I would put a controller that belongs on a bigger tier as the next thing to my "gear to update" list.

Another question (since you mentioned "digital squelching")
Do you use wireless speakers/monitors ?

Posted Mon 25 Sep 23 @ 2:57 pm
The Sr2 is pretty good, still. Have you checked your usb settings like suspend oFF in power options, and also check the USB port and the usb cable. All these things can affect sound.

Posted Thu 28 Sep 23 @ 8:28 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Also, while it's unlikely that it's the cause of your issue, the SR2 is not the perfect gear for that job. I would put a controller that belongs on a bigger tier as the next thing to my "gear to update" list.

Another question (since you mentioned "digital squelching")
Do you use wireless speakers/monitors ?

I do not use wireless speakers or monitors. I do have a allen & heath ZED 10, and a GTD Audio 4chanel mic system. 2 EV ZLX12s on XLR cabls. no issues or cheap cables.

Posted Wed 04 Oct 23 @ 2:38 am