Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DDJ-1000 Cannot broadcast Mic
Hi all I am hoping you guys can guide me in the right direction . . .
I just cannot get my Mic to broadcast, I have looked at similar posts for guidance but no joy
I have also tried to replicate my audio settings to the ones in the manual for broadcasting with mic but I get errors and I cannot seem to find a setting to get the mic working, I can hear the mic through the headphones, the mic I can see working on my booth master meter on my DDJ-1000 but it does not broadcast or show on on my Virtual DJ (if someone can also guide me on how to post a picture of my settings that would be great)
Outputs
master - 3- PIONEER DJ DDJ-1000 (WASAPI) - chan 1 & 2 - 44.1k21ms 2o
headphones - 3 - PIONEER DJ DDJ-1000 (WASAPI) - chan 3 & 4 - 44.1k21ms 2o

Inputs
record - 3 - PIONEER DJ DDJ-1000 (WASAPI) - in 11 & 12 - error
the manual suggests the inputs setting above (and I had to type the 'in 11 & 12) but i get the error and cannot get the mic working in broadcast. I have tried alsorts of input settings but just get error and no mic.

Any help or guidance would be very much appreciated
Thankyou all

Posted Thu 21 Sep 23 @ 6:17 pm
If you get "Error" that's because the ASIO driver failed to initialize channels 11+12

In order to solve this issue, open WINDOWS sound settings and choose your laptop's MIC (or any other available input) as the "default" input and / or communications device.

Then try again.

Posted Thu 21 Sep 23 @ 6:22 pm
Choose the Pioneer ASIO driver rather than WASAPI.

Posted Thu 21 Sep 23 @ 7:01 pm
I have also tried selecting
Inputs
record - DDJ-1000 ASIO (ASIO) - in 11 & 12 - Error
still shows error

Posted Thu 21 Sep 23 @ 8:07 pm
And I have gone into windows - sounds and selected the built in laptop mic as default mic

Posted Thu 21 Sep 23 @ 8:31 pm
All, inputs and outputs should be set to ASIO.
Also, in case ASIO still shows error, switch default PLAYBACK and Communications device to your laptop speakers.

Basically, when using ASIO, only one application can talk to the device at the time.
So, you want to make sure that DDJ-1000 is not used by Windows before telling VirtualDJ to use ASIO to talk to it.

Posted Thu 21 Sep 23 @ 11:47 pm
Thankyou guys I cannot tell you enough how grateful I am that I now have it all working and streaming :-)
and yes it was a mix of windows and motherboard audio settings that when connecting the DDJ-1000 the laptop decided that it wanted to use it for sound settings even with it disabled in the options.
but thankyou thankyou thankyou :-)

Posted Thu 21 Dec 23 @ 1:37 pm