Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Stems Pad Page - Page: 1
Im trying to the stems pad page and cant seem to get it right. So I want to Solo the vocals and turn on loadmax and when I disengage the vocal stem loudmax turns off. Now if I can add 3dbs to the midrange in Acapella and that also turns off when I disengage Acapella also would be nice too.

Posted Thu 27 Jul 23 @ 3:20 am
You probably need to post the scripts you have written, for them to be verified

Posted Thu 27 Jul 23 @ 4:15 am
stem_pad 'vocal' & effect_active 1 "LoudMax64"

Posted Thu 27 Jul 23 @ 6:14 am
What would you like to happen?

On a padpage, the script you posted, a L-click (normal click), or normal press, will MUTE the vocal stem and active the LoudMax64 in the first slot.
(second L-click will UN-mute the vocal stem and DE-active the LoudMax64.)

Note: R-clicking or shift-pressing the pad will SOLO the vocal stem and active the LoudMax64 in the first slot. (If all 5 stems are on, the full track, else it will remove the vocal from the partial track)

The second R-click or shift-press will play all 5 stems the vocal stem and DE-active the LoudMax64.
(If all 5 stems are on, the full track, else it will add the vocal stem back to the partial track.)

Summary: in your script the LoudMax64 is toggled on and off with each click.

Again do not know what you wish to happen.

For example, if you want to keep LoudMax64, (in slot 1) active after the second press, you need to query, if the LoudMax64, is active, and then, NOT turn it off, if it is Active.

Hope that helps get things started

----------------
you may also be interested in:
stem_pad 'Acapella'
and
stem_pad 'Instrumental'
with the simple behavior..... always solos and 2nd click un-solos
(not dependent on R or L click or states of other stems)

Posted Thu 27 Jul 23 @ 7:52 am
stem_pad 'acapella' & effect_active "LoudMax64" this is the successful script but how do I add setting the sliders...like the top slider sets to -6 and bottom slider to -3

update: ok this works
stem_pad 'acapella' & effect_active "LoudMax64" & effect_slider 1 80% & effect_slider 2 90%
but it only works on deck 1 it doesn't set the slider when using deck 2.

Posted Sun 13 Aug 23 @ 12:24 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
you haven't said which effect you want changing so it assumes slot 1, include the fx name.

Posted Sun 13 Aug 23 @ 12:48 pm
The effect name is Loudmax64 it turns it on it just doesn't set the sliders when on deck 2. Deck 1 works pperfectly

Posted Sun 13 Aug 23 @ 6:55 pm
it switches on because you said which fx to turn on, for the slider you haven't specified the fx or the slot so it assumes slot 1

Posted Sun 13 Aug 23 @ 7:06 pm
I get what you're saying now... so how do I write that?

Posted Sun 13 Aug 23 @ 7:14 pm
read the in app definition for effect_slider and think where the fx name could go.

Posted Sun 13 Aug 23 @ 7:31 pm
stem_pad 'acapella' & effect_active "LoudMax64" & "LoudMax64" effect_slider 1 80% & "LoudMax64" effect_slider 2 90%
This is what i thought but its not working.

Posted Sun 13 Aug 23 @ 11:35 pm
???????

Posted Mon 14 Aug 23 @ 11:29 pm
Read the script school thread, I've given you, YOU PERSONALLY, dozens of scripts with effect_slider applications. I didn't write those tutorials for my benefit.
If you were a beginner I'd have given the script already, but you've been here for years.

I've honestly had more success explaining script to a blind non-english speaker than I have with you. That isn't exaggeration.

Posted Tue 15 Aug 23 @ 12:19 am
Well ok... Im cool with that... i just don't get this scripting thing I do try I just don't get it. But its cool. I wont ask for any more help.

Posted Tue 15 Aug 23 @ 12:29 am
Admin can you all delete this thread?

Posted Tue 15 Aug 23 @ 12:30 am
You'll only learn by doing it, try things.

Posted Tue 15 Aug 23 @ 12:37 am
Ive been trying this for 2 days...Ill just set it where I want hopefully it doesn't change when I exit the program

Posted Tue 15 Aug 23 @ 1:08 am

Posted Tue 15 Aug 23 @ 2:03 am
stem_pad 'acapella' & effect_active "LoudMax64" off ? effect_active "LoudMax64" on & effect_slider 1 80% & effect slider 2 90% : effect_active "LoudMax64" off

not setting the sliders.

Posted Tue 15 Aug 23 @ 4:02 am
you've not included the fx name

Posted Tue 15 Aug 23 @ 4:20 am
49%