Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: How to Play DRM Protected songs
EqalizeHome userMember since 2017
When I load my iTunes songs, VDJ says it cannot play DRM protected.

DRE-protected files (Apple Music subscription) Can't be played

Many thanks.

Posted Tue 27 Jun 23 @ 12:03 pm
The message says you can't play them as they are DRM protected. That's it. They can't be played.

Posted Tue 27 Jun 23 @ 12:14 pm
The terms of the Apple Music subscription don't allow you to play it for public performance, which is one of the reasons why it's encrypted. There's no way around this other than re-recording the song in advance through the analog loophole and saving a new file. But this will violate your Apple Music license agreement and possibly copyright law depending on where you are.

Posted Thu 29 Jun 23 @ 7:23 am
simple work around - BUY your music instead of trying to get around copyright protections.

Posted Thu 29 Jun 23 @ 7:36 am
There are plenty of music streaming services available in VDJ. Notice that Apple is not one of them!

Simply choose one of the supported services.

Posted Thu 29 Jun 23 @ 5:39 pm
Some very judgemental replies on here. Pay attention to what the OP said. They purchased them from iTunes!

I also have the same problem with some music that I PURCHASED in 2008. That was 7 years before Apple Music was even a thing and I repeat, I purchased them from iTunes so own them outright!
I have never had an Apple Music subscription either so why have they had a DRM protection applied to them!

It applies to a handful of tracks bought in 2008 and earlier but going back even further, other tracks are still able to be played!

Posted Sat 01 Jul 23 @ 1:19 pm

DRM protected is DRM protected whether purchased or not, and DRM files haven't been playable in the software going back to v7.

IF the tracks are purchased and they're not DRM protected then should be able to download and play. but... still can't stream from apple music through the software. anyone wanting to argue with the one's with DRM protections can argue with the music industry lawyers if they have a few hundred million they want to waste.

Posted Sat 01 Jul 23 @ 1:52 pm
AngusElFlaco wrote :

I also have the same problem with some music that I PURCHASED in 2008.
It applies to a handful of tracks bought in 2008 and earlier but going back even further, other tracks are still able to be played!

You should talk to Apple-Support. I had same problems, after a (long) talk I was able to downl. again with no DRM-Protection from iTunes.

Posted Sat 01 Jul 23 @ 2:16 pm
music234 wrote :
AngusElFlaco wrote :

I also have the same problem with some music that I PURCHASED in 2008.

You should talk to Apple-Support. I had same problems, after a (long) talk I was able to downl. again with no DRM-Protection from iTunes.

Yeah I spoke to Apple last year. Their email support back and forth came to no conclusion.
I recently bought a new phone and got a free adapter out of them for the troubles of me not being able to play files.
I can't download some of the albums again as they're no longer available.
Will probably have to burn to CD and then import them again.
Thanks!

Posted Sat 01 Jul 23 @ 3:27 pm
AngusElFlaco wrote :
They purchased them from iTunes!

No, that's not what the OP posted. He wrote "Apple Music subscription". That's rental, not purchase.

Posted Sat 01 Jul 23 @ 4:19 pm
groovindj wrote :
AngusElFlaco wrote :
They purchased them from iTunes!

No, that's not what the OP posted. He wrote "Apple Music subscription". That's rental, not purchase.

I believe that the OP's second sentence was a quote of what is shown in the title bar for a loaded track on VDJ as mine says the exact same thing!

Posted Sun 02 Jul 23 @ 11:12 pm
i pay for beatport , wy cant record for personnal use

Posted Sat 02 Mar 24 @ 5:15 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Correct, you don't own them, you aren't legally allowed to copy them.

Posted Sat 02 Mar 24 @ 5:22 pm
I'm a member of my local library. Why can't I keep all the books?

:-)

Posted Sat 02 Mar 24 @ 5:52 pm