Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Home Plus license for Pioneer DJ DDJ-FLX4
I am wondering if this license is for the lifetime of using this controller? Will I have access to newer major versions of Virtual DJ when released?

Posted Thu 22 Jun 23 @ 5:28 pm
Yes and Yes, to both of your questions.

I though feel the most amazing offer is the Pro Infinity license.
Yes it is more up front, but it never expires, never a need to buy an additional license if one decides to upgrade to a different controller (controller fails for some reason, or becomes obsolete). Or if one wishes to add an additional, say launchpad controller, in the future. (Note: and not all controllers have licenses that can be purchased individually, so if one wished to upgrade to a controller, those deemed professional controllers, then one would need to purchase the Pro Infinity license.. the most amazing deal ever.. in my opinion.

Additionally there is no need to pay later the full Pro license if one decides to do a gig for money at some point. (Or wishes to broadcast or record)

The Pro license also allows creating your own midi def/mappings of unsupported hardware.

I am sure you may have come across this Comparison table..

Summary: the Home Plus License is for life, with the controller you purchase the license for, and with lifetime software updates. And is great for, as the name implies, for HOME use, with that one controller, for life.

PS: If you search the forums, a bit you will find many ppl wishing to upgrade from the Home Plus license to the Pro Infinity, and asking if there is a discount.
The answer is always.. there is NOT a discount.
(only wanting you to consider all options, to make that best decision for you.)

Posted Thu 22 Jun 23 @ 6:58 pm
Hi IIDEEJAYII

Sorry for the late reply. I originally read the message a good while back , but have been busy all summer and forgot.

I understand all of what you have said and have decided the Home PLUS License for PIFLX4 that I have just purchased is sufficient for my needs at the moment.

Thank you for posting your thoughts.

Posted Thu 07 Sep 23 @ 8:23 pm