Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: License not working
Hi. I just purchased a subscription to VirtualDJ pro. it still shuts off my controller after 10 minutes. the controller is a numark by serato. I haven't received a confirmation email either. pls help

Posted Thu 18 May 23 @ 5:11 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Thu 18 May 23 @ 5:48 am
Cannot log in thru vdj program after 10 mins cannot use controller. Never had this problem everytime I try to log in via email or Google or fb I get live.virtualdj.com has permanently changed web address

Posted Thu 18 May 23 @ 7:32 pm
midi002PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Resolved!

Just ran into this. This was right after VirtualDJ did an update.

I had to go into the license section, disconnect my online VDJ account, and then reconnect.

Then I restarted the app.

The software was able to see my "VirtualDJ Pro Infinity" license. The license dialog says "already licensed."

The software no longer says I need to upgrade to support my DDJ-1000SRT controller.

--

My theory is that the new VDJ has a different way of storing license data. When doing an update, it doesn't have a way to transform previous version data to the new data. It kind of works, but not really. The only solution is to unregister /disconnect and re-register/connect with your VDJ online account. The new version of VDJ will rewrite it's license config files and things will work.

Posted Thu 25 Jul 24 @ 1:20 am
Your theory is wrong! :)
I don't know why you had to disconnect and then reconnect (maybe you were using a different account), but we can assure you that nothing has changed on how VirtualDJ stores and validates it's license.
An update does NOT cause the license to transform, nor invalidates it.

Posted Thu 25 Jul 24 @ 12:29 pm