Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer Opus Quad - Page: 2
RamtuffPRO InfinityMember since 2015
kradcliffe wrote :
I just find it bizarre that coming out of covid, a semiconductor shortage and a cost of living crisis that they'd create a "niche" product that most people can't afford and has divisive looks and an absurd price tag.

^^^^
this.

Posted Thu 16 Mar 23 @ 2:06 pm
I also ordered this beast just because I love new gadgets :) and I think I will use the bluetooth option.
I hate the "wing/curved front" because that will be dead space in the corners of a rectangular flightcase and you do have to carry all the weight. The Opus is a little bit heavier than my current XDJ-XZ and with this size, the flightcase of the Opus will also be larger and heavier I'm afraid....

Posted Thu 23 Mar 23 @ 8:45 pm
Hello, I received my Pioneer Opus Quad and I would like to use it with Virtual Dj. I started a device file but I can't find the sysexid of the controller. I tried with miditrace and usblyser without success.
And will it soon be supported by Virtual dj 2023.
Thanks in advance.
Didier

Posted Mon 27 Mar 23 @ 3:47 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
FYI,

At the moment, Opus Quad has lower priority over DDJ-FLX10 and Rane Four, so official support will be delayed.

Posted Mon 27 Mar 23 @ 4:02 pm
Thanks for your answer, I will test it.

Posted Mon 27 Mar 23 @ 4:14 pm
djdad wrote :
FYI,

At the moment, Opus Quad has lower priority over DDJ-FLX10 and Rane Four, so official support will be delayed.

:´( :´( :`( i´m still using my xdd-xz in my venues, with my opus at home waiting for the support :`(

Posted Mon 01 May 23 @ 11:32 am
djnunocarreira wrote :

:´( :´( :`( i´m still using my xdd-xz in my venues, with my opus at home waiting for the support :`(

The DDJ-FLX10 and Rane Four are now supported, so Atomix are probably working at VDJ support for the Opus as we speak :)

Posted Mon 01 May 23 @ 11:54 am
klausmogensen wrote :
djnunocarreira wrote :

The DDJ-FLX10 and Rane Four are now supported, so Atomix are probably working at VDJ support for the Opus as we speak :)

I hope So

Posted Tue 02 May 23 @ 5:57 pm
Another Opus Quad user here, looking forward to supportability!

Thanks Atomix!

Posted Thu 04 May 23 @ 9:19 pm
djebPRO SubscriberMember since 2007
Another Opus Quad user waiting for suportability...Thanks Atomix!

Posted Mon 08 May 23 @ 5:54 pm
I hope yall harp at Pioneer as much as you do here?? I mean Pioneer to could have everything ready to go out the gate if YOU GUYS WOULD TELL PIONEER YOU WANT THINGSA TO WORK WITH VDJ!!

Blame yourselves for the delay..............

Posted Mon 08 May 23 @ 8:24 pm
Any update since early may?

Posted Tue 27 Jun 23 @ 1:44 pm
DJMBR01PRO InfinityMember since 2015
kradcliffe wrote :
"...they must have got a Bang & Olufsen designer from the late 70s to put that thing together.

"Dat's funny rite dere" - w apologies to Lawrence D'Cablegi

Posted Wed 28 Jun 23 @ 1:47 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
FYI, the official support of Opus Quad will be further delayed , hopefully late-July, early-Aug.
This is mostly due to the very short availability of the actual product in the market.

Posted Mon 03 Jul 23 @ 12:17 pm
As posted a couple of days by someone else (and then removed) I can't believe many people are actually buying this unit. It's huge, overpriced and a horrific design. Surely opinions are still allowed on the forum?

Posted Mon 03 Jul 23 @ 12:18 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Comment was removed as it didn't reply to status update request.
A bit of tact, you don't call out every ugly baby you see.

Opus Q users don't want opinion on their taste, they just want to know when it's supported.

Posted Mon 03 Jul 23 @ 1:02 pm
Dan (djtouchdan) wrote :
Personally I like the screens - but not a fan of the "bronze/orange" color or the curved front.

Buy a flightcase.

Posted Sun 09 Jul 23 @ 12:36 pm
Firmware Update 1.10 was released today, along with Serato support. Hopefully this means the hw is fully mappable now. Looking forward to the Virtual DJ support!

And I love my Opus Quad, it's less than a pound heavier than an XDJ-XZ and doesn't take much more table space than my FLX10 or REV7. I'm super creative on it with its implementation of beat fx and smart echo, full 4 decks, and I appreciate the spaciousness of controls.

Posted Tue 25 Jul 23 @ 7:29 pm
Official support is really close :)
And today's firmware didn't really made much difference to us! :)

Posted Wed 26 Jul 23 @ 12:25 am
user26226767 wrote :

And I love my Opus Quad, it's less than a pound heavier than an XDJ-XZ and doesn't take much more table space than my FLX10 or REV7. I'm super creative on it with its implementation of beat fx and smart echo, full 4 decks, and I appreciate the spaciousness of controls.

Jeez. You are kind of like me - a hoarder of controllers - except yours are the most high-end / expensive ones money can buy 😀

Posted Wed 26 Jul 23 @ 8:09 am
71%