Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Automix opens to empty folder
djsmtHome userMember since 2005
Has anyone had this happen? I'll add songs to the Automix folder and exit VDJ. After restarting VDJ the Automix folder is empty. v2023 b762

Posted Wed 01 Mar 23 @ 9:28 pm
put your songs in the Automix window/browser (right window). then exit, and it should still be there when you come back.

However you left the Automix Window (empty or full of songs), that's how it saves it (default folder).

Posted Thu 02 Mar 23 @ 2:56 am
After closing VirtualDJ, count to 30 (secs) before shutting down the computer or closing the laptop lid or removing external hard drives. I do this daily and have never lost any data ....ever!

Posted Thu 02 Mar 23 @ 7:01 am
I'm having the same issue since the last update. The save on exit state of the Automix folder is wildly inconsistent.

I will remove everything from the Automix window and start building a new list of songs. If I then closed VDJ, it used to pick up right where I left off. Since the last update, I will reopen VDJ and find the previous songs in the Automix window again - the one I had removed from the Automix window before starting a new list (and losing all the work I had just done).

But its not every time (though it is most of the time).

I've had it happen a lot when trying to load in saved playlists into the Automix window. Since the update, if I remove all the songs currently in the Automix window and load a previously saved Playlist, when I close VDJ and reopen it, it will always show the songs that were in the Automix that I had previously removed, and not the playlist I had loaded just prior to closing VDJ.

Its annoying, but I can get around it by saving everything I am working on in the Automix window to a playlist - which I then have to reload (after removing the songs that just keep returning) to continue work.

I do hope this can get sorted, it was really nice to not have to worry about losing work like this. VDJ doesn't crash very often for me, but when it did in the past, I could rely on opening VDJ and having all the work in the Automix folder still there. Now, if I crash, I lose anything I hadn't recently saved to a playlist

Posted Thu 02 Mar 23 @ 9:54 pm
Sorry for the double post. I just found a thread where someone was having a related saving issue with Automix window and someone suggested they try as early access build that had a fix. I have installed the early access build 7474 and it has also fixed the issue I was having.

Posted Thu 02 Mar 23 @ 10:22 pm
djsmtHome userMember since 2005
Thank you Whina - That solved my problem

Posted Sat 04 Mar 23 @ 4:01 am