Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8 Microphone
I have an online station. The broadcast feature of VDJ8 works great, however the built in microphone mixer doesn't work well for me. No matter how high I set the mic mixer in VDJ8, the users complain they can't hear my voice well. They have to constantly turn up the volume to hear me speak. The music volume is great. Can I not use the built in mic mixer and use the functionality of my Rodecaster Pro 2 ? The Rode fader isn't the problem. It's like the volume of the mic in VDJ8 is throttled or something. I love that the VDJ sends the metadata for each track and the built in encoder works fine. I really want to use RDJ8 as my playout software but I need to get the mic volume improved.

Posted Sat 04 Feb 23 @ 7:52 pm
Need more info. What mic are you using? How are you getting the mic signal into VDJ?

Posted Sat 04 Feb 23 @ 8:52 pm
I'm using an EV27 d/n mic with the Rodecaster Pro 2 mixing board. The mic input sees the Rodecaster channel Multitrack Main. In VDJ8, I have the mic enabled and the volume is turned up to 100%. The vu meter in VDJ8 moves some, but displays as very low, even at 100%. I know you can't always go by software vu meters but still. The VU meter on the RDCP2 is showing great output. The gain should be high enough. When I have tried turning up the gain from the RDCP2 side, I start pulling in background noise and this mic is designed to not do that. I'm not using any processing on the RDCP2.

Posted Sat 04 Feb 23 @ 9:44 pm
Is there a way to use the encoder and decks in VDJ8 without routing the mic through it? I could just use a 3rd party encoder and the decks but I need to get meta data to the streamer to stay compliant.

Posted Sat 04 Feb 23 @ 9:47 pm
Maybe try routing the Rodecaster output to a VDJ line input rather than the mic channel? Might sound counter intuitive but worth a try.

Posted Sat 04 Feb 23 @ 11:38 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
A radio guy I made a thing for sent vdj sound into breakaway one just so he could have his mics in peak condition going direct into breakaway one, I understood about 30% of the stuff he was talking about, but he needed super low mic latency, low noise floor and that's he did.

I made him a thing to have a midi device work with breakaway one [it doesn't do midi, but it does do HTTP], so it was device into vdj, which talked to a plugin, which talked to localhost, which talked to breakway one.
it also sent meta data, instantly.

he paid good money for it too so while I might not understand everything he said, I've no reason to doubt his idea or reasoning.

Posted Sun 05 Feb 23 @ 12:12 am
I'm having an issue where the audio won't route through the rodecaster, it just comes straight out of the computer, regardless of what I do. I can't make it work at all.

Posted Mon 13 Nov 23 @ 9:49 pm