Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Karaoke Search and Request on Smart Device
I currently use another karaoke software app that has a service where I can upload my music library (text only).
Guests will scan my QR code to take them to a small and simple web page where they can search my songs. Whenthey find the song they want, they tap it, fill in their name, and submitt it. It comes directly to me through the software. From there I drag it to VirtualDJ to play. It works like a charm.
I have been doing this for many years. I now think its time someone can make app built into the Virtualdj realm. Quite honestly there are features on the virtual DJ app that are quite useless to me. Like Auto karaoke. I would love to chat with someone about this if they have knowledge of writing this program into VirtualDJ.
I look forward to hearing from you

P.S. I pay a very small monthly fee of $5 for this service.

Posted Thu 26 Jan 23 @ 4:55 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

Posted Thu 26 Jan 23 @ 5:02 pm
What app do you use for that?
Ikaraoke wrote :
I currently use another karaoke software app that has a service where I can upload my music library (text only).
Guests will scan my QR code to take them to a small and simple web page where they can search my songs. Whenthey find the song they want, they tap it, fill in their name, and submitt it. It comes directly to me through the software. From there I drag it to VirtualDJ to play. It works like a charm.
I have been doing this for many years. I now think its time someone can make app built into the Virtualdj realm. Quite honestly there are features on the virtual DJ app that are quite useless to me. Like Auto karaoke. I would love to chat with someone about this if they have knowledge of writing this program into VirtualDJ.
I look forward to hearing from you

P.S. I pay a very small monthly fee of $5 for this service.

Posted Fri 27 Jan 23 @ 2:17 am
Songbook DB does this and it's separate program/app. Ask the DJ doesn't have access to the database as original posted asked.

Posted Fri 27 Jan 23 @ 2:17 pm
I know Ask the DJ does not have access to the "karaoke only" database; but, I still use it for karaoke. I created QR code to link to the ask.the.dj I set up for that venue. If I do not have the song and cannot get the song; I just message them back. Sometimes they miss the message and come up to ask me and I explain to them I am unable to get the song they requested for karaoke... not a show stopper by any means. I do hope they expand the karaoke features.

Posted Fri 27 Jan 23 @ 3:02 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
you can make an ask venue with a database of only karaoke tracks,

the application of ask is still "off" though, even with database list attached there should be a search, because scrolling from A to whatever is horrible

easyKRM has ask to karaoke features, it could be better but I could only make for what was available.

Posted Fri 27 Jan 23 @ 3:57 pm
Can you please integrate with "What Can I Sing". www.whatcanising.com
It already has an awesome rotation management system and VDJ just needs to be able to receive the data from this request App system.

Posted Tue 31 Jan 23 @ 10:06 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Wed 01 Feb 23 @ 6:02 am