Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Export - Page: 2
I use a Samsung T7 2TB on my MAC. However since I use it ONLY with the MAC I have it formatted as APFS and it works great.
So, I can't really help you any further as I'm not a MAC expert guy. I know that there are some limitations on some file systems, but nothing more.
On MACs generally I use either APFS or NTFS drives (I have Paragon installed on every single of them)
Also I avoid using exFAT personally since I had some drives fail me (their file system, not the drive itself).

Posted Thu 26 Jan 23 @ 7:04 pm
Yeah I hear ya but theres nothing I can do until Denon updates their hardware. I cant use anything except EXFAT or FAT32.

Is there a way to start the CDJ Export from scratch?? I wanna see how many of my drives wont actually work with VDJ.

Posted Thu 26 Jan 23 @ 7:42 pm
So I’m at Best Buy and I just bought a brand new Samsung T7 SSD external which comes formatted as EXFAT.

Open the box and again VDJ won’t read it as an export drive!!

What is the deal with these drives not being read by VDJ??

Same thing with a crucial 2 TB SSD!!

Posted Sat 28 Jan 23 @ 5:56 pm
This is SUPER FRUSTRATING!! I literally just spent $300 and VDJ won’t read anything!!

They show up under volumes and I can copy tracks to them but VDJ won’t use any of them as CDJ export drives!?!?

What is the problem?? Can a dev remote access my machine and look?? There’s no way this can be the drives causing the problems and because they are all different manufacturers so it has to be within VDJ 🤦🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

And I’m not gonna rest till this is solved 👌🏾

Posted Sat 28 Jan 23 @ 6:54 pm
FIXED!!

So I went back to Best Buy and returned all the drives (they have a great 14 day return policy) and the Geek squad guy opened Rekordbox then closed it and opened VDJ and THE DRIVES NOW SHOW UP!

So still not sure why I need to open Rekordbox in order for VDJ to see them BUT I now can use the drives!!

Posted Sat 28 Jan 23 @ 7:20 pm
Maybe rekordbox does something to the drive?

Posted Sat 28 Jan 23 @ 7:21 pm
I don’t know because I haven’t used Rekordbox in a couple years. It updated while we were messing with the drives at Best Buy.

Eitherway I guess the moral of the story is to open Rekordbox then VDJ when using a new drive you wanna export playlists too 🤷🏾‍♂️

Posted Sat 28 Jan 23 @ 7:58 pm
Maybe VDJ is reading some data from Rekordbox about accessible drives? i.e. until Rekordbox has seen the drive, VDJ doesn't know about it.

Posted Sat 28 Jan 23 @ 11:21 pm
That's totally weird

Posted Sat 28 Jan 23 @ 11:23 pm
Yeah something still isnt right with the export.

Whole playlists are NOT showing up after VDJ says its done the job.

Can someone please look into the export side and see what is wrong?? I really dislike Rekordbox and Engine DJ but they seem to work just fine, something is broken on the VDJ side.

Posted Mon 30 Jan 23 @ 2:28 pm