Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Weird Spacing In Genre
djjoe21PRO InfinityMember since 2006
So I noticed this weird thing when cleaning up my Genre's

You see the space in the Dance. I have many genre's like this but those 200 song are the only ones that are like that.

In this pic you can see Acoustic is no the 1st genre listed and there is no space on the list to the left.

I know its a little weird but its annoying me.

Joe

Posted Tue 17 Jan 23 @ 6:24 pm
It's not the Genre column, it's the BPM column. If you look at the top of the columns there are handles that you can resize your columns to whatever you want. Your Length, Year and Playcount columns have lots of wasted space that can easily be removed by adjusting the handles at the top.

Here's mine

I resize my columns depending on the maximum number of digits expected in that column. For example, I wouldn't expect more than 999 BPM in the BPM column, so 3 digits is all that is needed. The only column that needs to be a little wider is the KEY column to make way for the compatibility tick.

Posted Tue 17 Jan 23 @ 8:20 pm
djjoe21PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I think you misunderstood. The genres on the left side where I marked the yellow line that genre is dance but there is a space before the d and I'm not sure why. It's only those 200 dance songs. The second pic shows the acoustic genre but there is no space before the A

Posted Tue 17 Jan 23 @ 8:50 pm
LIMOLPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Did you update vdj 2023

quel est le nom de votre skin ?

you're talking about this space, if that's right try changing skin and see what happens

Posted Tue 17 Jan 23 @ 9:54 pm
djjoe21 wrote :
I think you misunderstood. The genres on the left side where I marked the yellow line that genre is dance but there is a space before the d and I'm not sure why. It's only those 200 dance songs. The second pic shows the acoustic genre but there is no space before the A

Yes, I did misunderstand.
On further investigation, I had the same from the My Library / All Genres (Auto). How I fixed it - I clicked on it and found a bunch of files that had two genres separated by the slash in the VDJ tag editor. I cycled through them til I found ONE ONLY with Dance by itself. I deleted the space in front of the D in the Tag Editor and then wrote the Tag. Finally I refreshed the list in My Library and hey presto it was fixed.
Hope this helps, cheers, Les.

Posted Tue 17 Jan 23 @ 11:31 pm