Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: DDJ-SR2 White PAD issue
While using my Pioneer DDJ-SR2 controller, there are times when all 16 Pads will turn white. They still operate but all the CUE points, samplers and etc lost their color. Also, when using Shift then touching a Pad to remove a preset CUE point, all the PADs will turn white and stay white. The only way to reverse this action is to turn the controller off then on. I've uninstalled then reinstalled the following; Virtual DJ software, audio drivers, controller windows driver, and HP Envy audio drivers. Nothing seems to stop the Pads from turning white.

Posted Sat 31 Dec 22 @ 7:48 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If not mistaken the SR2 can also work with just USB power. Are you using the AC power adapter ?

Looks like a brief loss of connection or some unsuccessful reconnection.
Is it just the Pad RGB leds or all the leds dont work after that ?

Would also try to use a new USB cable.

Posted Sun 01 Jan 23 @ 6:21 pm
djdad wrote :
If not mistaken the SR2 can also work with just USB power. Are you using the AC power adapter ?

Looks like a brief loss of connection or some unsuccessful reconnection.
Is it just the Pad RGB leds or all the leds dont work after that ?

Would also try to use a new USB cable.

I'm using the adapter.

All 16 Pads turn white. While music is playing, it can happen while I'm doing or when I hold down shift then a Pad to remove /reset a Hot Cue

I replaced the USB cable a couple of months ago. Still having the same issue.

I contacted Pioneer Support. They do not provide support to VFJ since it's not native to that controller. The support team says VDJ will work with their controller but they cannot provide any support.

Posted Sun 01 Jan 23 @ 9:22 pm
eddimaPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Mon 20 Feb 23 @ 7:58 am
eddimaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
i have the same problem... a possible solution is to update the firmware but there is no for this controller model on the pioneer site

Posted Mon 20 Feb 23 @ 2:17 pm
Has anyone resolved this issue?

Posted Tue 04 Jul 23 @ 4:27 pm
I'd like to know if anyone has resolved this issue also!! I have a DDJ RR and the pads don't change to white

Dave

Posted Sun 07 Apr 24 @ 9:20 pm

[/quote]

I have same problem with the same controller on a Mac

Posted Sun 07 Apr 24 @ 10:53 pm
No resolution just yet. The pads on mine still turn white.

Posted Mon 08 Apr 24 @ 12:13 am
I have the same issue. Propably it has to do with power..The only solution is to refresh/reload controller from the skin or from a custom button with this action. Sometimes it hapens just once during a gig and some others too many times.. It's not a big deal for me since i can fix it without restart anything, but i wish to know if this issue is relative with some istantly freezes to sound i have when i use sr2 with my MAC M1 (and never happens using Flx10 or Sx3 withe the same MAC).

Posted Mon 08 Apr 24 @ 6:55 am
dimitris_g wrote :
I have the same issue. Propably it has to do with power..The only solution is to refresh/reload controller from the skin or from a custom button with this action. Sometimes it hapens just once during a gig and some others too many times.. It's not a big deal for me since i can fix it without restart anything, but i wish to know if this issue is relative with some istantly freezes to sound i have when i use sr2 with my MAC M1 (and never happens using Flx10 or Sx3 withe the same MAC).

How do you fix it without restarting anything?

Posted Mon 08 Apr 24 @ 9:49 am
DJ Kennections wrote :
dimitris_g wrote :

Posted Mon 08 Apr 24 @ 10:24 am
dimitris_g wrote :
DJ Kennections wrote :
dimitris_g wrote :

OK, I will try that.

Posted Mon 08 Apr 24 @ 10:55 am