Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Cleveland Terry votes VDJ 2023 stems 2.0 the best of the bunch - Page: 1

Posted Mon 14 Nov 22 @ 7:09 pm
hipfanPRO InfinityMember since 2010
This cannot be a big surprise to anyone. The fact that vdj just keeps bringing the heat update after update.

Posted Mon 14 Nov 22 @ 8:37 pm
Hell Yessssss.. ! !

and NOT only the best sounding, but VDJ has much more then the limited, 4/8 button stems interface, (that maybe can be accessed from some controllers).

Virtual DJ is sooooo much MORE ! (just sayin)

Posted Tue 15 Nov 22 @ 12:56 am
Only if VDJ can add Vocal and Music echo out without the track stopping.

Posted Wed 16 Nov 22 @ 3:19 am
Madness915 wrote :
Only if VDJ can add Vocal and Music echo out without the track stopping.

It can 😂🤣😂

Posted Wed 16 Nov 22 @ 3:20 am
O VDJ tem sido impressionante!!

Posted Wed 16 Nov 22 @ 3:34 am

Posted Wed 16 Nov 22 @ 10:25 am
The only thing I can't understand Is the lack of optimization.

It requires a M1 or an RTX Nvidia GPU in order to have the real time Stems.

I guess it should work smoothly too with a Core I9 Macbook Pro with a Radeon Pro 5500M GPU
I tried to force the real time high quality stems any way, it run into performance problem, because the software doesn't use the GPU.

I may ask the developers to take in account Other GPU than then only RTX Nvidia.

Other than that the update is great.

Posted Wed 16 Nov 22 @ 1:36 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can try to disable 'Don't use GPU' in the stemsFix option to see if that works better for your GPU.

Posted Wed 16 Nov 22 @ 1:50 pm
Don't use GPU will avoid the software to use any GPU.

What I want is that the software use any installed GPU, not only RTX Nvidia one.
The use of a GPU will always help, why don't try to use it or use only one type ?

Just sayin'

Posted Wed 16 Nov 22 @ 2:01 pm
I have the 2019 Intel i9 Macbook Pro 16 running Windows 10 and with the option ticked or unticked the stem creation is still horrifically slow.

Posted Wed 16 Nov 22 @ 2:29 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
I have the 2019 Intel i9 Macbook Pro 16 running Windows 10 and with the option ticked or unticked the stem creation is still horrifically slow.

It's only slow when I tried the HQ real time Stems, which is not normal with such type of configuration.
We should be able to use the Real Time HQ Stems with such device :

Intel I9 MacBook Pro 16 Go Radeon 5500 M 8go

Posted Wed 16 Nov 22 @ 2:35 pm
like adion said, if you have a powerful GPU that is not nvidia, uncheck the "don't use gpu" option in the options->performances, so that virtualdj will use your GPU.

Posted Wed 16 Nov 22 @ 2:38 pm
Stephane Clavel wrote :
like adion said, if you have a powerful GPU that is not nvidia, uncheck the "don't use gpu" option in the options->performances, so that virtualdj will use your GPU.

The option is unchecked and has never been checked.

The software says it see the picture

Posted Wed 16 Nov 22 @ 2:55 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The message says "modern hardware like"
On windows a modern AMD gpu will also work fine though.

I missed that you were using mac though, and on mac you indeed need an M1 or better to enjoy hardware acceleration. (although with an i9 I think it should still be faster than real-time)

Posted Wed 16 Nov 22 @ 3:08 pm
Adion wrote :
The message says "modern hardware like"
On windows a modern AMD gpu will also work fine though.

I missed that you were using mac though, and on mac you indeed need an M1 or better to enjoy hardware acceleration. (although with an i9 I think it should still be faster than real-time)

An I9 should be Fine plus an AMD GPU, that's the thing I want to ask the developers if they read the forum.
I guess my config is powerful enough to handle real time HQ stems ;-)

Posted Wed 16 Nov 22 @ 3:19 pm
the AMD GPU on an Intel Mac is nice to make 3D graphic, unfortunately it doesn't help with what we need for stems2.0, so on an Intel Mac, it will still be faster to use the CPU than your AMD GPU.
That's why VirtualDJ doesn't even try to use the GPU on Intel Mac (no matter what the "Don't use GPU" setting says)

But like adion said, you should still be able to set stemsRealtimeSeparation to Enabled if your CPU is fast enough.

Posted Thu 17 Nov 22 @ 12:11 am
OK I understand.
Apparently a core I9 is not fast enough to handle the stems 2.0, despite is on par with an M1 processor in benches.

During the first song I putted, VDJ told me that I have performance problem.
I tried to put a second one to see, the software didn't any on the fly separation on it.
That's obvious.

Posted Thu 17 Nov 22 @ 6:41 am
On the i9 Intel mac running Windows it does seem to use the GPU for background processing when the option is selected, and it's a fair bit faster than CPU.

It's taking about a minute per file.

Posted Thu 17 Nov 22 @ 7:31 am
DJ MekuHome userMember since 2019
kradcliffe wrote :
On the i9 Intel mac running Windows it does seem to use the GPU for background processing when the option is selected, and it's a fair bit faster than CPU.

It's taking about a minute per file.

Thank you so much for this information, I need it since I'm making a purchase decision.

I've wanted to upgrade to the i9 5500m Mac for this reason, to save separated stems 2.0 when booted on Windows and play them on VDJ Mac OS (which has some Mac-only plugins I need)

Has anyone else tried this particular scenario - Save stems on 1 platform to play on another without doing anything extra?

Posted Sun 22 Oct 23 @ 5:07 am
91%