Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: MacBook Pro audio cut out dropout
I am using an sx3 with a 2021 MacBook M1 with Monterey . I used this laptop for the first time and I had 2 audio skips. It makes no sense? Any one with similar issues? Tried different cables, ect. It is definitely the software or computer. Any ideas?

Posted Mon 19 Sep 22 @ 7:05 am
soundwavesdj87 wrote :
I am using an sx3 with a 2021 MacBook M1 with Monterey . I used this laptop for the first time and I had 2 audio skips. It makes no sense? Any one with similar issues? Tried different cables, ect. It is definitely the software or computer. Any ideas?

I have been having the same problem using the same controller along with parts of the waveform missing as it scrolls with occasional memory leaks all happening on two different MacBook Pros. I'm using the same OS but an older machine than you but well within the specs. I have been seeking a solution for months nor have I heard back from support. I would like to try an older release but they aren't available anymore which has forced me to use Serato on gigs. If you discover a fix, please let me know!

Posted Fri 23 Sep 22 @ 4:24 pm
I have just completed another test. I downgraded to v8.5 b6156 which I happened to still have. I installed it on a much older machine (MacBook pro mid 2013) and it played flawlessly for almost 3 hours. No memory leaks, no skipping, no missing wave displays, no shutters from slow stems loading. Now I'll do the same on the newer machine and if all goes well, I'll stay with this version.

Posted Sun 25 Sep 22 @ 8:19 pm
I use a 2021 Macbook Pro running Monterey for multiple 5+ hour gigs weekly and have not have any of these issues. For the most part it's worked without a hitch.

That said, I have 64GB of RAM so if there's a memory leak it's possible that 5 hours isn't enough for it to bite me.

Also possible the problem may have something to do with the way MacOS or VDJ work with your interface as I'm not using an SX3.

Wish I could be of more help except to say the problem may not be inherent to the Mac/VDJ combo. Were you using a beta version of VDJ?

Posted Mon 26 Sep 22 @ 6:37 am