Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Video for Tidal folder
Hi
Is there a way to get a video sub folder in the Tidal main folder?
I have Liked Playlists, Liked Albums and so on, but no video folder, I can search for videos and play them in VDJ but I can not see a folder in VDJ showing the videos in my Liked or saved folder on the Tidal main site
Thanks
Danny

Posted Fri 16 Sep 22 @ 8:06 pm
No. Asked for this a hundred times now but totally ignored.

Posted Fri 16 Sep 22 @ 8:36 pm
DannyBoy63 wrote :

Is there a way

Yes. The way I did it is to create a new playlist on Tidal (mine's called Music Videos) then drag some videos into it. I can then see said playlist in the Online Music/Tidal area of VDJ. Click on it and there are the videos.

Yes it would be nice to be able to search for Tidal videos specifically from VDJ, but creating a playlist and accessing it from VDJ does work.

Posted Fri 16 Sep 22 @ 8:58 pm
Now added in build 8280 and working well.

Just be aware the Tidal videos appear to be straight from Youtube so they are not DJ edits, they contain gaps, speaking etc as they would be in the original video so really of limited use unfortunately.

Posted Thu 08 Aug 24 @ 7:15 pm
I doubt that Tidal are stealing videos from YouTube.

Much more likely that the label is supplying the same video to YouTube and to Tidal.

Posted Thu 08 Aug 24 @ 9:41 pm
I never said stealing, of course it will be a license agreement. Do you think I'm that stupid?

Posted Fri 09 Aug 24 @ 7:20 am
Yes I know you never used that exact word - but then what does "straight from Youtube" mean?

How do you suggest Tidal are getting their videos "straight from Youtube" rather than from an official supplier?

If someone said to you they got videos "straight from Youtube" what would you think they were doing?

If that's not what you meant then (IMO) you should have worded it differently.

Posted Fri 09 Aug 24 @ 8:58 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Now added in build 8280 and working well.

Do you need to enable something or get a new subscription type from Tidal for it to work?
Because I can't seem to get videos in my results
I have the Individual + DJ Extension subscriptions

EDIT: Never mind - I need to be in the new pink video icon/subfolder, right? :)

Posted Fri 09 Aug 24 @ 9:57 am
Yes, click the video folder then search.

Posted Fri 09 Aug 24 @ 10:21 am
groovindj wrote :
Yes I know you never used that exact word - but then what does "straight from Youtube" mean?

It looks to me that the videos are exactly the same as the ones hosted on Youtube. It's that simple really.

As I stated in another thread yesterday you just seem to go through every thread picking holes in things that people say. This is a perfect example of it. Again.

I'm done engaging with you. Just ignore my content and go pick on someone else please.

Posted Fri 09 Aug 24 @ 10:22 am