Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Keys not being read in FLAC files
I decided to revisit VDJ after using other software for a number of years. It's great, but I'm having one major issue which will stop me from switching...

I used Mixed in Key to analyse my tracks, and VDJ reads the tags fine on the MP3 files. However, for all my FLAC files, VDJ will not read the key from the tag, and just displays it's own analysis. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

p.s. I do have the use key from tags setting enabled.

Posted Sat 06 Aug 22 @ 12:48 am
yeah there's a issue with flac

VDJ reads initialkey
the default for flac is KEY

if you have both VDJ seems to not read either for me

so just remove the KEY tags in something like MP3tag program and write only initiatlkey to the files in mixedinkey

Posted Sat 06 Aug 22 @ 3:34 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If there are both KEY and INITIALKEY, vdj will use KEY actually.

Posted Sat 06 Aug 22 @ 3:38 pm
was that corrected in a recent build because if i have both it reads neither?

i haven't tested it lately because i just make sure i don't have the key tags for a long time now

Posted Sat 06 Aug 22 @ 4:17 pm
wickedmix wrote :

VDJ reads initialkey

so just remove the KEY tags in something like MP3tag program and write only initiatlkey to the files in mixedinkey

Thank you! That's done the trick.

Posted Sat 06 Aug 22 @ 10:42 pm
I seem to have this problem, setting Initialkey with MixedinKey. Let VirtualDJ find the folder and it scans the numbers, the setting UseKeyFromTag is "Yes", keyDisplay = "Haronic" but VDJ still changes the InitialKey to the whatever it finds suitable. v2023 b7481
Is there something i´m missing somewhere ?

Posted Wed 12 Apr 23 @ 1:44 pm
wickedmix wrote :

VDJ reads initialkey

This does not appear to be working for me right now.
I deleted both key and initialkey from mp3tag, then retagged my files from MixedInKey, and batch reloaded songs from VirtualDJ. It still displays the old key in VirtualDJ.

Posted Wed 25 Oct 23 @ 9:50 am
I just make sure that InitialKey and KEY are the same via MP3Tag, I have also set VDJ to NOT be able to save changes to the files unless I open TagEditor and press Save. If I let VDJ save all by itself it would overwrite what ever result that Mixed in Key had saved to all my files, so I had to start all over with Mixed in Key.

Posted Wed 25 Oct 23 @ 10:49 am