Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: beatlock needs work

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The beatlock engine of virtual DJ is revolutiuonary
however it needs some work.

when two tracks are playing and the dj press lock to match up the beat, it often skips the other deck playing and is audible to the audience.

I have not been able to use this feature professionally

Will more work be done to improve the beatlock and bpm counter?

thank you

Posted Wed 12 Nov 03 @ 2:03 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
They're working on it. The time-stretch sound too. Maybe in the next release (I hope).
FRUiT94

Posted Wed 12 Nov 03 @ 2:17 pm
I have been kind of laid back using VDJ waiting for more releases to come out and for the program to stabilize. They need to watch out, something NEW is on the way next year and it is going to be BIG.

Posted Wed 12 Nov 03 @ 6:38 pm
Are you talking about the Pioneer project?

Posted Wed 12 Nov 03 @ 6:39 pm
Fruit, Something new is coming that will take the digital DJ world by storm. I can't give details just yet but when I can, I will. And it is not the pioneer DVD Decks that we saw at the AC DJ show. Be sure that when it is released I will do a full review on it and put it to the test.

;-)

Posted Thu 13 Nov 03 @ 2:27 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
If I were a DJ software company right now, I'd be working around the clock to bring perfection to the product ASAP.
Anybody in the digital DJ business or software business that hasn't heard of this new product has clearly been asleep. Product loyalty will certainly factor into the equation, but only until something better comes along. It's like anything else, loyalty goes both ways, raising the bar will keep them working at it.
The frequency of releases and improvements is above the average of most companies, you deserve a lot of credit for that effort, particularly with the impatience of some who post here.
I wish I knew more of the particulars and understood what it is that slows this process down for so many companies that write these type of programs.
I think the single most thing I don't understand is how a company can survive and grow selling copies at a one time end consumer cost of $100.00.
There is a lot I don't understand about your business.

Posted Fri 14 Nov 03 @ 1:17 am
>The frequency of releases and improvements is above the average
I am happy that Virtual DJ has been advancing since its initial release. I bought in on the early days when they added wired controller support (DMC1 w/ chip, DAC2).

>I don't understand is how a company can survive and grow selling copies at a one time end consumer cost of $100.00
While I feel the $100 price *IS* a selling point and what got me to buy it, I would have paid up to $150. If it were $200-$300, I would have held off on buying it! We are talking software here. DJ still needs to buy a sound card, a big hard drive, PC or laptop, a controller, and a mixer. That can add up quick. However, if bundled with the Hercules DJ Console much of this is included in one box.

Looking forward to 2004…
1. Updates to Virtual DJ (please keep them coming)
2. New products from Alcatech (primarily Digiscratch, "REAL" vinyl controlled MP3)
3. New products from ???MYSTERY COMPANY??? (no information made public yet, however I *can* confirm it is coming)
4. Rumored new products from Visiosonic (no information made public yet)
5. Updates from Mixvibes/DJ Power/OtsDJ/Traktor DJ

Posted Fri 14 Nov 03 @ 2:41 pm
Traktor updated wow, what a surprise!!
Visiosonic too?

But where are you taking your infos? Wireless? I am very interested but you tell us a very few news...
If you don't want to tell here, but still can on other ways please contact me on msn (my adress is in my profile).

FRUiT94

Posted Fri 14 Nov 03 @ 3:38 pm
i'm quite curious about this 'new" product you are talking about coming out soon, wireless....please msg me with an URL or any details you care to share! Thanks! :)

Posted Fri 14 Nov 03 @ 5:11 pm
No, I can not tell you anything more at this point.

colonelcobwebs,

In an ideal perfect DJ program, the interface should be clean, uncluttered and intuitive. The program should be expandable for future without sacrificing stability. The sound engine must be superior to any program that is currently out there. The interface must have unlimited possibilities. But most importantly – the program should be 100% rock solid from moment it is released.

See to me, the reliability of the DJ program I am using is critical. It is my reputation on the line. When I am performing live in front of an audience (being paid by a customer) I can *not* afford to have to worry about system resources, audio skips, crashes. (I am not saying that Virtual DJ does this, just using it as an example).

Currently there are only two DJ programs that are in this class. But both of them are OLD and have been out for a while so they don't have the cool features like VirtualDJ.

Am I asking for too much? Maybe -- but hopefully all of that will all change soon.

WirelessDJ

Posted Mon 17 Nov 03 @ 2:17 pm
I 2 think the VDJ team/staff has done great with the product and support keep in mind the sky tha limit...and so far the only problem i have with digi dj'ing is why the heck cant i buy the X10 or the other one(what ever its called)always talked about...

@ DJ WireLess-if you cant talk about it why bring it up...thats like saying "yo i got the newest/best turntable ever made...but you cant look at it"...

P.S.if its not to be talked about the dont until its time

my 2 cents plus a few more

Posted Tue 18 Nov 03 @ 2:06 pm
I'm sure this has been asked before, but what is the mapping for DAC Controller and the DMC. I know all of the buttons on both units will not work, but I would like to know which ones do.

Thanks

Reggie

Posted Mon 12 Jul 04 @ 5:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)