Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: RANT: Better Video Apps and update the effects.
StylesQPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi, with each new and improved VDJ upgrade, it seems that some things are being improved upon, but other good things are disappearing or don't work with the new upgrades.

Case in point. The Tellymedia plugins don't work with the new 64bit upgrades. The "slideshow" plugin that's included inside VDJ is outdated and limited in it's use. Also, the video cube feature doesn't work in VDJ 2021 any longer. Half the visual plugins on the download page no longer work either.
I'm not sure "who" is responsible for updating and maintaining the library of effects, but they're not doing a very good job of it. When a new update comes out, the developers should be checking to see how many of the existing plugins will no longer work? Why even have them on the site if they only work with VDJ 7? C'mon. And why was everyone relying on a 3rd party program like Tellymedia to put out a proper visual app? Now that Don is somewhat retired from what i've read in the forums and no longer supporting the 64bit VDJ updates (according the facebook group and other comments). Why can't VDJ put out a decent video / picture app to accompany VDJ instead of relying on their customers to do it? The "slideshow" toy app is just that. It's very limited and toyish.
VDJ is great, but lacking on the visual side of things.

Posted Tue 24 May 22 @ 3:06 am
I agree with you pov, however there is nothing on his page to indicate he had ceased development
http://tellyvisuals.com/

Posted Tue 24 May 22 @ 4:46 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It could also be more useful to let us know what specific features you are missing from the Slideshow plugin.

As for supported third party plugin, you can use the Extensions tab in VDJ options, which will only show the extensions supported for the version you are running.
I don't think there are any VDJ7-only plugins listed anymore even on the website though.

Posted Tue 24 May 22 @ 5:21 am
StylesQPRO InfinityMember since 2003
DJ Talotres wrote :
I agree with you pov, however there is nothing on his page to indicate he had ceased development
http://tellyvisuals.com/

Go to this fb page. Dozens saying the Tellymedia updates have ceased production, and he's "disappeared", and the 64bit Telly app is only "beta" and shouldn't be used "live" - too many bugs still, according to the "users". Also, hundreds of VDJ users on there looking for alternative VDJ 3rd party video apps.
VDJ developers take note: Read the comments and do something about it.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TellyMediaTellyvisuals/\

And yes, quite a few of the apps on here say they're for V. 7 or 8
The video engine / features haven't been updated in over a decade. Exact same "video player" app that was from the beginning. Hence, nice people like "DON" had to take it upon himself to write a 3rd party app because the included one isn't the greatest, to be honest. The MUSIC part of VDJ is awesome...Best software out there. But now it's time to up their game on the video end of things.

Posted Tue 24 May 22 @ 6:33 am