Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: MixMeister controller

Posted Wed 30 Mar 22 @ 2:04 am

Posted Wed 30 Mar 22 @ 1:31 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Try to install on a Windows computer. You should get 2 files, a MMC.xml (definition in /Devices folder) and a MMC Mapping.xml (in Mappers folder)
You could then copy those files to your Mac, in the same folders as in Windows.

I see 2 possible issues that could prevent this from working, but before providing any fixes, i 'd like to see how the device is detected from VirtualDJ
With the 2 files in place (as above), open VirtualDJ , goto Options and set createMidilog to Yes, then restart VirtualDJ with the controller connected.
Post here the content of the Log Report.txt file you ll find in /VirtualDJ folder

Best would be to do the above in both Windows and Mac

Posted Wed 30 Mar 22 @ 2:42 pm
I know Rune but it’s fun to mess around with and it gives me more control then the DJ2GO 😝

Ok Bob I’ll try that tonight.

From what I remember last when I plugged it in it showed up in VDJ but there wasn’t any mapping which is why I went to download it.

I think pulling the files off the PC side and renaming a few things will probably get it working 🤙🏾

Thanks for the time and info fellas!!

Posted Wed 30 Mar 22 @ 6:51 pm
Old thread, I know but any chance I can get this mapping file along with the device file??

Posted Mon 22 Jul 24 @ 4:00 pm
So the controller works but I need the definition/mapper files.

I cant seem to find them on my old laptop to transfer over and its not in the downloads from what I can see

Posted Tue 23 Jul 24 @ 9:27 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
If you're out of luck getting the files
I found the midi table Link. page 8

DIY it might be worth your time for resurrecting gear & the bonus of learning too,
but it would be a few of hours for me, not much actually defining time as it looks a pretty simple device, nor writing script time [because I can do that in my head usually], it's the getting what you want it to do that that makes it a long exercise

Posted Tue 23 Jul 24 @ 10:13 pm
It shows up on both a Max & PC as the MixMeister Control one so that’s why I was asking for the files but looks like I’ll have e to create a definition file 💀

I’ll wait a few days and see if Bob chimes in before I try this again.

Posted Tue 23 Jul 24 @ 11:14 pm
Ok so after a few hours of hunting down old hard drives I now HAVE the mapping and device file!!

Not sure how to get them to show up tho lol

EDIT

GOT IT WORKING!!

Posted Wed 24 Jul 24 @ 1:45 am
I know no one cares 😝 but it does work 100%

3D printed a stand for it and have been messing around mixing with since I got it up and running.

A few of the mappings need changed or I’m not understanding what they mean (sampler buttons) but other than that it’s all good.

For the soundcard I’m just using an old Behringer U-Control UCA202 for the master out and then I just use my laptop/headphone out for the monitor/pfl.

Posted Mon 29 Jul 24 @ 2:34 am
How does it compare to using a typical DJ controller, layout wise?

Are you finding some things easier?

Posted Mon 29 Jul 24 @ 6:40 am
The layout seems to come pretty natural for me, once I figured out where everything was, I was good to go. Ive switched the EQs to Stems and it really does make mixing with this unit a breeze.

Idk, I know its old as shit but it works better then my MixTrack Edge I think. Less layers to deal with.

Posted Mon 29 Jul 24 @ 1:21 pm