Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Software crashes on Windows 11
Has anyone experienced any crashes with VDJ since upgrading to windows 11?
It works flawlessly in Windows 10 but every so often it crashes in windows 11

Posted Sat 22 Jan 22 @ 11:45 pm
No - all working fine here. I've been using it for quite a while now, to stream three hour shows twice a week, with lots of visuals and music going on. No crashes.

Posted Sun 23 Jan 22 @ 3:49 pm
I never update the OS on a machine, especially one used for DJ work.

Can't see the advantage of upgrading to Windows 11. Fair enough if it comes with a new PC but I always find changing the OS on older machines causes problems for little advantage.

Posted Sun 23 Jan 22 @ 3:55 pm
groovindj wrote :
No - all working fine here. I've been using it for quite a while now, to stream three hour shows twice a week, with lots of visuals and music going on. No crashes.

I wonder if it could just be my laptop then? my computer has more spec than the software requires

Posted Sun 23 Jan 22 @ 4:09 pm
It probably is your computer or something on it, but if you only says "it crashes" then it's going to be hard to help.

Posted Sun 23 Jan 22 @ 4:23 pm
groovindj wrote :
It probably is your computer or something on it, but if you only says "it crashes" then it's going to be hard to help.

oh okay sorry , it will run properly but if minimize the software to do something else for example use the internet to check something and i come back to virtual DJ sometimes the software will completely freeze. or sometimes it will freeze if i am doing something within the software like changing the FX bank

Hope that is a bit more helpful? :)

Posted Sun 23 Jan 22 @ 4:54 pm
Start by checking your graphics card drivers to see if there are any updates for it.

Posted Sun 23 Jan 22 @ 5:09 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Start by checking your graphics card drivers to see if there are any updates for it.

Okay i'm redownloading the OS so i will try and check for any updates that come in

Posted Sun 23 Jan 22 @ 5:26 pm
DISCO SPINNERZ wrote :
if minimize the software

That rings a bell. I encountered that myself when running VDJ alongside other software during live streams.

I recall mentioning it to djdad but we never got to the bottom of it. I simply refrained from minimising!

Posted Sun 23 Jan 22 @ 6:17 pm
groovindj wrote :
DISCO SPINNERZ wrote :
if minimize the software

That rings a bell. I encountered that myself when running VDJ alongside other software during live streams.

I recall mentioning it to djdad (April 2021) but we never got to the bottom of it. I simply refrained from minimising!

Posted Sun 23 Jan 22 @ 6:19 pm
groovindj wrote :
groovindj wrote :
DISCO SPINNERZ wrote :
if minimize the software

I recall mentioning it to djdad (April 2021) but we never got to the bottom of it. I simply refrained from minimising!

Yeah in that case i best stick to Windows 10 for the time being then as it seems to be more stable on that. As i use soundswitch aswell sometimes i may need to go into soundswitch to change the lighting modes

Posted Sun 23 Jan 22 @ 6:52 pm
fixerazHome userMember since 2023
My computer (windows 11) crashes too many times (BSOD) when play

Posted Mon 04 Mar 24 @ 10:57 am
That's an OS or hardware issue. You need to look at the error message and go from there.

Posted Mon 04 Mar 24 @ 11:06 am