Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Pioneer's new Duck Down effect from the REV7
It's a loop out, with each loop lower in pitch than the previous one.

Mojaxx is loving it https://youtu.be/WG_xCCNYqww?t=1443

Any chance of Atomix or a script/plugin guru emulating this?

Posted Thu 20 Jan 22 @ 6:22 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
did it, "keyloop down". [5ish year ago], refined it with "detune" [2 years ago]
I'm not going to go looking but I bet they got it wrong.

@pioneer send me a xp2 and I'll forgive you.

Posted Thu 20 Jan 22 @ 7:26 pm
Thanks for those! Any chance you could update 'detune' so it stops the track after a settable amount of repeats? :-)

Posted Thu 20 Jan 22 @ 7:43 pm
that would sort of cross over into loopCount territory.
so if you were so inclined you could virtualfx to call both loopcount & detune as one thing.

for me I don't really change the detune settings, just turn it on & it waits for an external call of a loop.

Posted Thu 20 Jan 22 @ 8:00 pm
Going out of my head here, but you surely can call the loop out effect among with a repeat script that does the same job as well

I used that kind of effect a few years ago that repeat scripts were not even able to use time in beats and it was working pretty good.

I can try to come up with a script later

Posted Fri 21 Jan 22 @ 5:28 pm

Posted Sat 29 Jan 22 @ 4:35 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Better if you don't kill the developper who wants to help you.

Posted Sat 29 Jan 22 @ 8:00 pm
Hahaa! True!!

No killing!!

Posted Sun 30 Jan 22 @ 3:37 pm
Any attempts been made at this??

I miss this plugin...

Posted Sat 04 Jun 22 @ 3:29 pm
padfx 'loop out' 30% 0% 50% 50% & repeat_start 'kd' ? repeat_stop 'kd' & key 0 & set 'kdrepeats' 0 : repeat_start 'kd' 1bt 10 & cycle 'kdrepeats' 10 & key_move -1 & var_equal 'kdrepeats' 8 ? repeat_stop 'kd' & key 0 & set 'kdrepeats' 0

padfx 'loop out' 30% 0% 50% 60% & repeat_start 'kd' ? repeat_stop 'kd' & key 0 & set 'kdrepeats' 0 : repeat_start 'kd' 1bt 20 & cycle 'kdrepeats' 20 & key_move -0.5 & var_equal 'kdrepeats' 16 ? repeat_stop 'kd' & key 0 & set 'kdrepeats' 0

padfx 'loop out' 30% 0% 50% 60% & repeat_start 'kd' ? repeat_stop 'kd' & key 0 & set 'kdrepeats' 0 : repeat_start 'kd' 1bt 20 & cycle 'kdrepeats' 20 & key_move -1 & var_equal 'kdrepeats' 16 ? repeat_stop 'kd' & key 0 & set 'kdrepeats' 0

padfx 'loop out' 30% 50% 50% 60% & repeat_start 'kd' ? repeat_stop 'kd' & key 0 & set 'kdrepeats' 0 : repeat_start 'kd' 1bt 20 & cycle 'kdrepeats' 20 & key_move -1 & var_equal 'kdrepeats' 16 ? repeat_stop 'kd' & key 0 & set 'kdrepeats' 0

Plenty of flavors..

Also you can easily convert these to "Duck UP" effect..

Posted Wed 08 Jun 22 @ 10:23 am
Thank you Phantom,

BUT

Is there anyway to just make the echo pitch up/down while the track still plays??

Posted Sat 11 Jun 22 @ 12:46 pm
Turn the "STOP" button of the loop out effect off :P
Or turn the "STOP" button off and the "SLIP" buton on.

Unless you mean in a dry/wet matter where the looped part would play over the original track that keeps playing and both would be audible. In this case no it can't be done right now.

padfx 'loop out' 30% 50% 75% 60% "STOP:off" "SLIP:off" & repeat_start 'kd' ? repeat_stop 'kd' & key 0 & set 'kdrepeats' 0 : repeat_start 'kd' 1bt 20 & cycle 'kdrepeats' 20 & key_move -1 & var_equal 'kdrepeats' 16 ? repeat_stop 'kd' & key 0 & set 'kdrepeats' 0

or
padfx 'loop out' 30% 50% 75% 60% "STOP:off" "SLIP:on" & repeat_start 'kd' ? repeat_stop 'kd' & key 0 & set 'kdrepeats' 0 : repeat_start 'kd' 1bt 20 & cycle 'kdrepeats' 20 & key_move -1 & var_equal 'kdrepeats' 16 ? repeat_stop 'kd' & key 0 & set 'kdrepeats' 0

or
padfx 'loop out' 30% 50% 75% 60% "STOP:on" "SLIP:on" & repeat_start 'kd' ? repeat_stop 'kd' & key 0 & set 'kdrepeats' 0 : repeat_start 'kd' 1bt 20 & cycle 'kdrepeats' 20 & key_move -1 & var_equal 'kdrepeats' 16 ? repeat_stop 'kd' & key 0 & set 'kdrepeats' 0

Posted Sun 12 Jun 22 @ 1:02 am
“ Unless you mean in a dry/wet matter where the looped part would play over the original track that keeps playing and both would be audible. In this case no it can't be done right now. “

Yes that is what I meant but I will try your scripts.

Thank you 🙏🏾

Posted Fri 24 Jun 22 @ 12:26 pm
Hi everybody and thanks for all these usefull informations.
A little question from a noob in scripts please.
Is it possible to change the beat of the effect in order to make it more dynamic(like 1/2 beat or 3/4 beat) ?

thanks in advance for your help ;-)

Posted Wed 18 Oct 23 @ 9:00 am
The second % of a padfx script is for the second dial of the fx used,
the 2nd dial is usually beats on effects that do beats.

Posted Wed 18 Oct 23 @ 9:17 am
Thanks a lot, I will try it this afternoon, have a nice day 😉

Posted Wed 18 Oct 23 @ 10:25 am
Just tested, it seems that for this effect it is the first parameter.
It brings me another question, it is in percentages and I'm à little bit lost to make Beat match with percentages (how much percents for à beat, à halo, à quarter ....).
Can someone try to teach me how to calculate ? (If there is no spécifications method I will try to make it match by testing)
Thanks in advance.

Posted Wed 18 Oct 23 @ 10:49 am
It's not "per cent of a beat"
It's actually the position (%) of the effect slider on the GUI.
So, move the slider until you get the desired value (e.g. 1/2 beat). Then hover the mouse over it and get it's per cent value.

Posted Fri 27 Oct 23 @ 8:32 am
So Ive gotten around to using those scripts up above and while it does key up/down it doesnt work how Id like it to.

I want the track to keep playing and be able to hear the track.

Posted Fri 27 Oct 23 @ 1:42 pm